Monday, December 27, 2010

"We are perfect, before, during and after the thoughts that tell us we are not."~Amy Sperry Faldet







"We are joy, before, during, and after the thoughts that tell us we are not." ~ Amy Sperry Faldet



Part of understanding your faerytale is taking the reigns, looking at the horizon, recognizing the mountains you must climb and taking the steps towards, well, towards it all... but none of that would happen or even manifest in your mind if you forget that you are on this perfect journey, before, during, and after the thoughts that tell you you are not. We are choosing every moment, yes, but, we are just perfect during it all, we just forget. I forget.



The pictures above are just a couple with my kids at one of those booths that sketch you while you are sitting there and a picture of myself on a hayride with my kids. (By the way, thanks Vanessa Valencia for that inspiration!) I am in love with the giggly way we get in those booths. We didn't care about how we looked we just were perfect because we were about to burst with joy, courage, and giddyness! My New Year's resolution is to embrace that feeling and channel the thoughts that encourage perfect joy. I would like them at my side sitting on my art desk to dip my fingers in when doubt comes to call. I tell my children these quotes of mine; I believe them, they are mine after all, (....a hee hee moment, sorry laughing at myself, a common past time.) But, I want to live it, breathe it, know it like a friend in a faerytale, loyal, on the path with me. I am re-reading A Circle of Quiet by Madeleine L'Engle, it is my favorite book, really, just seems to always be all I need at different times of my life and it is like it changes as I change... I have re-read books and not felt so engaged in them as I was when 20 or 30, etc. but this book is ageless and strangely age-appropos at the same time for me. hmmm... I digress... Anyway, I needed a circle of quiet, spiritually, this week for I am envisioning my journey led by the heart. It is a journey that needs me to be true, fearless, kind, patient in my art and sending my light out into the world to shine sweetly on people when they need a circle of quiet. I know the thoughts that say, your little art doesn't shed such light as this of which you dream. I know those thoughts... but those thoughts are not the thoughts I encourage. Those thoughts are not the thoughts that accompany me and my little boys as we raucously jump into the sketch machine booth with sparkles and mischief in our eyes! So, those thoughts will stay home with the hobbits that are long of face and with eyes laced with suspicious crinkles at the corners. They are not coming on my journey of light. For, I am perfect before, during, and after the thoughts that tell me I am not.

The world is a place of uncertainty, but, I remember this quote by L'Engle

"Our truest response to the irrationality of the world is to paint or write or sing, for only in such response do we find truth." ~Madeleine l'Engle

16 comments:

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

And in that response, we combat the lies that tell us we are not able....we win by DOING and at least TRYING, don't we dear one? I so love your look on life and AMy, YOU have blessed my last 2 years of blogging so much. What would I have done without your pink and green faerie world to light a path towards a new world? May your new year bring even more audacity to climb the mountains that sometimes shadow and loom over, but we know better, non? They only cast a shadow....

BLESSINGS OF LOVE TO YOU! Anita

Jacqui said...

l love this post, it resonates, and is beautiful, thank you

deb famularo said...

This is so eloquently put and so meaningful Amy. You are such an inspiration, not only with your art - but with your heart. Somehow I always find myself here hearing exacty what I need to. Thank you for that! Wishing you much happiness in 2011! May all your dreams come into being! xoxo

stregata said...

Yes, we are perfect - thank you for sharing this thought.

faerwillow said...

~i shall repeat these words each morning!!! what a wonderful quote you have written...encouraging us all to find the true beauty that lies within our soul...accepting who we are just as we are...always uplifting energizing and inspirational are these posts you gift us with...as your embark on your quietness seeking what is need to walk a path of only perfect joy felt inward and showing outward so i wish for you to embrace these moments of inner reflection and come forth..a brand new day ready to walk shining only your brightest...much love light and blessings be with you always~

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

AMY!!! You saw my little Dutch faerie!!! Oh dear one, she is a little gal that I drew up today. I have so many ideas in my head, but so little time to get them down. But the rest of the week is mine, and I plan on doing more. THANK YOU for enjoying her! The title is, "The Dutchess" in Dutch!!! teeehheee, I love to dable in languages!

May you enjoy the ending of a fabulous year 2010 and usher in SAFELY, LOVINGLY and GRACIOUSLY 2011!!!

Bises, Anita

OH! I am so glad that you got my card!

VERBENA.... NESTED TREASURES said...

Oh love your cheery pink flower design on your blog!!!!! Sending you a big hug & blessing for the New Year & always. xo Laura

Cathy said...

What a lovely, thought provoking piece. I enjoyed every moment of it and will take it all in and remember to live it. We all need to take heed and consider the source when we are told, we can't, or shouldn't, or aren't what they expect.

Thank you for your lovely post. Happy New Year.

Cathy

Fair Rosamund said...

Such a beautiful post, I really needed to hear this today! You always write such true, inspiring words :) ~Lauren

Creative Grammie said...

What an absolutely inspiring post you've written. Thank you so much for sharing. Have a wonderful New Year!

Róisín said...

Hi Amy! Hope you had a wonderful, magical Christmas! I love calling in here when I've been offline for a few days; it reminds me of why I love blogging. Great quotes, both your own and that last one. So inspirational.

Terri said...

Wonderfully written! The quotes are so good, and I do need reminding from time to time.
Happy New year to you, and my you have many moments of quiet creativity!
Hugs,
Terri

SarahA said...

Your words soft as feathers, falling in my mind; tickling the sides as they fall to the bottom and nestle deep within.I have fallen in love with your world and only wish I had discovered such before.

Sheila said...

What absolutely beautiful pics of you, Amy! You are a gorgeous soul, both inside and out. Thank you for your inspiring posts and for being who you are; for your bring hope and light to all who visit you. Stay perfect and enjoy a wonderful New Year celebration. Wishing you bountiful and blessed hopes for the best in 2011!! All the best...Sheila

Foxglove Spires said...

Such a beautiful and inspiring post for the firs day of my year. I will most defiantly remember these words you have written.
I wish that your year ahead will be an enchanting one filled with many delightful surprises along the path you tread, Happy New Year to you and your family Anita. x

BALLET NEWS said...

what a beautifully written post - thank you.

And Happy New year
http://wp.me/p124B5-1ev