Wednesday, December 1, 2010

My dearest friend lost her Mom yesterday after a brave four year struggle with Cancer...


Remember those you love... this is for Rena and her Mom.

(Our collaboration created with her Mother in mind a couple years ago for Somerset Studio July 2009 with Rena Askey's art and calligraphy and my quote written specifically for this.)
Her Mother always wore lipstick and looked posh. Rena knew when the Cancer was dimming her Mother's light years ago because she would not bother with her lipstick... Rena asked if I would keep an eye out for a quote that would go with what she wanted to draw. She wanted it to be peaceful and represent how we all come together for each other when we feel wobbly. I said, "Of course I will look high and low for just the right words." I got off the email with her and wrote this.
"It was then that I realized, I do have a leg to stand on... it is this moment, this love, this feeling, this breath. Who needs more than now? I hold out my arms and whispers of sisters guide my wobbly stance to a place of hope and peace... to a place of perfect balance. Thank-you."
Send her some love here if you wish... http://www.renadoodler.blogspot.com/

11 comments:

Kiki aka Victoria said...

HUgs Amy! Wishing much love and comfort and peace to you and those who loved this special woman!
HUgs
Victoria~

Terri Kahrs said...

Sending you many blessings and love today, Amy. It sounds like Rena's Mom left a beautiful legacy of love. Blessings & Hugs, Terri xoxo

ShirazandFrenchBlue said...

Sending lots of love to you and Rena and her family, in this time, your words are beautiful they made me cry and reflect, peace to you all...

stregata said...

Love your writing - it is good to be reminded that if we reach out, someone will be there to hold our hand.

Christel Hutson said...

Dear Amy, my sincere condolences to your friend at this very sad time. She is so lucky to have you as her friend, and support. xoxox Christel

Terri said...

Lots of hugs of love.
Terri

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Oh dear, this is hard to take...but we are so attached to our temporary bodies that hold the soul that lives on...and I pray for peace to overcome Rena and her family. The memory of loved ones is stained into our hearts with the mark of love, the eternal gift. Be that light to her as you are to us all dearest....Anita

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

Thanks everyone! Going over with lots of food today and flowers. You all are so kind for her loss. Blessings.

Sheila said...

So beautiful and touching. Much love and light to you and your friend's family during this time. Have just recently lost my mother-in-law, the pain of losing someone you love lingers. wonderful and lovely words...S

duendes said...

hello friend,wonderful creations, happy week

Rena said...

Amy...your friendship and love fill my heart, i am so so very grateful for you, things still seem quite dark in my life, having friends like you have made things more bearable, I love you Amy.