Monday, November 15, 2010

"I send you my spare moments with heartstrings... know that I care..."


Come gather 'round for my heart must make a sound... In the last few months I have lived in the Land of Should. It is a prickly place, impatient and framed by the Directionless Would. It is a place that creeps in when I feel "I should-a" "I would-a" "I could-a" and paints the colors of wishes that have yet to come true with a dark hue. When you walk along the cobbled streets in the Land of Should, you feel you have never done enough, you could do more, your direction should be known. It is not for the faint-hearted. There is a way out though, I have found. Craft something with love. Not out of should. Not out of worry. Not out of obligation. Just craft love. I sit down to my art table and paint an envelope for a friend, glue together a card, send silk and hydrangeas as a thank-you. Upon doing these things, my compass finds true North. The path clears, the Land of Should is replaced in my thoughts by the Enchanted Realm of Kindness Done. I come home. I always was home, with roses in my eyes, glitter in my velvet pocket to spread to those who need it, and pink in my hair.

My envelopes take time, my friends know that what I send is from my spirit... lovingly crafted, sometimes slow to birth, but full of compassion's worth.

When I break through the briars, into the streaming light, I see clearly that what I do is from the heart, filled with truth and kindness. I cannot ask more from myself than that.


I see me in the beauty of a day... even when in shadow...



Come gather 'round as my heart gives a sound... feel the love that is free from the Land of Should and the Directionless Would. Love who you are... for because you are, there is love.




This Papaya Company art hangs at my front door to remind all who enter, myself included, (see my shadow and know) that we are love and are meant to sparkle to share some light.

13 comments:

Róisín said...

Too true Amy. Too very true. I've been the same recently, putting things off or not doing them at all then fretting about it later. I'm going to follow your advice, though, and get crafting! I'm not very good at it, but that's not really the point is it? Thanks for the words of inspiration as ever missus. Hope you're having a lovely day :)

Kiki aka Victoria said...

HI Amy..hugs..lovely post..beautiful and poetic. You are wonderful...shine on..I celebrate all that you are..and admire your sparkling spirit.
have a gorgeous day!
Kiki~

Terri Kahrs said...

True words of wisdom, My Dear Friend! Hugs & Blessings, Terri xoxo

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Oh dearest, I so know the pressure of feeling all the SHOULDS. But the pleasure comes when each day starts new and you can tell yourself that one step at a time, someone that loves you will meet you there. Your work is spectacular and you emulate beauty. Rest well, Anita

stregata said...

"glitter in your velvet pocket" - oh, I really like that image. Now I envision you walking through life and there is a tiny sparkling trail to show you were here...

Silke said...

Dearest Amy, I know that Land of Should so well and it's not a fun place to be!! Such a powerful post and I am sure many of us can relate!! This week I am just DOING - not thinking about should and could and would. Just doing what's in front of me and what feels good - like visiting you!!! Much light and love, Silke

BALLET NEWS said...

What a beautiful, lovely post. Thank you Amy

Faerie Moon Creations said...

What a beautiful post that speaks directly to my heart. Thank you for sharing this meaningful post. :) Theresa

Georgianna said...

You've captured with faery grace thoughts that consume us all at times, dear Amy. You truly do give from the heart, truth and kindness that touches everyone fortunate to know you, crafting messages of beauty to the soul. xo – g

Sheila said...

Oh my goodness; I have that same exact Papaya print along with several others hanging in my office to inspire me!! I adore the beautiful artwork and most of all the encouraging and powerful messages!! Kindred spirits, we are! All the best to you and family...Sheila

faerwillow said...

~the land of should is a place i think we have all walked along at some point or another...if only we could embrace these thoughts each and everyday and set forth on the path of would...loving and accepting ourselves for who we are and what we create couldn't be more true and wise...such beauty you have shared here for our eyes to read and our mind and heart to hear and feel...thank you so...warm wishes and brightest blessings~

Rena said...

Amy, what a treasure your beautiful card AND envelope were. It's always such a lovely surprise to hear from you. Thank you Amy, for your much treasured friendship, your kindness, encouragement, and amazing insight into this beautiful and sometimes mysterious world, thank you for holding my hand and helping me see more clearly. I love you Amy, you are amazing.

xx Rena

deb famularo said...

Hi Amy!
ah yes, the "should-a, would-a, could-a's!" I bombard myself with those thoughts all the time....it's so freeing to have that creative outlet to fall back on! Your work is so beautiful Amy- as are your words. Thanks for the sparkle you bring to all of us! Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family! xOxO