Monday, November 29, 2010

"I have an idea!"


Don't you just love hearing that? "I have an idea!" It is a seed. Not a flower, yet... a seed. A new beginning in a sweet casing, wrapped with a ribbon of hope. I love ideas. It makes me think of this quote... "I have great faith in a seed. Convince me that you have a seed there, and I am prepared to expect wonders." ~ Henry David Thoreau

"Perhaps imagination is just intelligence having fun!" ~ George Sciabba "Find the seed at the bottom of your heart and bring forth a flower." ~ Shigenori Kameoka

6 comments:

Kiki aka Victoria said...

Beautiful words..beautiful art..gorgeous inspiring words..

Terri Kahrs said...

How interesting to hear you use the analogy of a seed, Amy! I'm always telling my children to "plant the seed" whenever they have an idea or thought! Love your words "Wrapped with a ribbon of hope!" Blessings & Hugs, Terri xoxo

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

And in this, I REJOICE because I have a lot of seeds in myself and I see many of them in my students. Sometimes it is the idea that is more fun to explore than the actual flower...but then again, when the flower becomes so beautiful, all you can do is stand back and admire all that it took to make it happen.

LOVELY AS ALWAYS MY BEAUTIFUL FRIEND! Anita

stregata said...

Wonderful quotes, Amy. Thank you for visiting, I am always very touched. I think you may have planted a seed - I can feel an idea taking root.

Róisín said...

My problem is that all I seem to have is ideas but before I execute the first another comes along to usurp it and I never seem to get anything done! The poor wee flowers never usually get to see the light of day... Anyway, beautiful post as ever Amy. I always say it, but you really are the queen of imagery!
Hope you're having a wonderful day,
Roisin x

faerie finder said...

hi lovely :)
what beautiful words from a beautiful heart
and the drawing is absolutely darling ♥
christmas huggs
xoxo