Thursday, October 28, 2010

"When the tea is brought at five o'clock and all the neat curtains are drawn with care,


the little black cat

with bright green eyes, is suddenly purring there." ~Harold Monro

Our Moonstar, the sweetest, smartest little furry being is four today! Well, at least that is when we celebrate her! She showed up the Thursday before Halloween four years ago when she was probably 8 weeks old and chose us. We are so blessed to have her calm, sweet, ways. She is tiny still, even after four years, with little black puff paws just a shade bigger than quarters! But, she is so content, never trouble, drinks from the goldfish bowls, but never steals one, is best friends with our big yellow lab and is my favorite companion besides our fluffy gray lionhead rabbit when I am painting at my art desk. We have easy communication, she never howls or begs and is content and vastly my superior in every way, but without that aloofness that can come with that perfection, hee hee. So, I celebrate my purring lap friend, my art guide, our Moonstar. Blessings all and give a little hug to your furry friend today.

16 comments:

stregata said...

Happy Happy Birthday to beautiful little Moonstar! May her days be full of sun and contentment, her nights be warm and full of purring, her years full of health and catnip.
Miau, miau, miau, miau! - from my kitties.
Please give her a tummy or chin rub from me, whichever she prefers.
She really does look alot like Ghost.

EDEN said...

Happiness Moonstar!
I love this.
I am inspired to write about our Halloween present.
Thank you for such kind sweet words...they make me smile and so do you!

Kiki said...

Yay..Happy Birthday gentle spirit!
Victoria~

Snap said...

Happy Birthday to your furbaby Moonstar!

Terri Kahrs said...

Happy, Happy Birthday to your sweet Moonstar! What a lovely name!!! I truly believe that fur babies choose us for special reasons. May she enjoy many more happy, healthy years!!! Hugs & Blessings, Terri xoxo

Georgianna said...

A special happy birthday wish to sweet Moonstar! Thank you for being a bright companion to our dear Amy and her family and helping them shine with creativity and light, now and for many years to come. Happy Birthday! xo – g

LuLu Kellogg said...

Happy Cake Day to Moonstar!!

xoxo

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Oh I wish I had a furry friend; if I had my druthers, I would have a scrappy wire haired fox terrier! Yes, scrappy, goofy and in all his curly glory...that's all me!!!

What a lovely kitty dearest! Anita

Jamie Burch said...

It's so wonderful to meet Moonstar! I just love her name. Beautiful pics of such a lovely kitty. I enjoyed the story of how she chose you. It's wonderful how they do that.

Happy wishes to Moonstar! :)

Faerie Moon Creations said...

Happy birthday to beautiful Moonstar! What fitting that she found you around Halloween. She is truly a beauty and may she enjoy many more years with you and her chosen family. Theresa

Zuzu said...

Ahhhhhh, Happy Birthday to little Moonstar! Such a cutie!
:)
~ Zuzu

Róisín said...

Oh Amy, she's beautiful. I wish I was in your house to give her a big hug. Afterwards she'd fall asleep while purring in my lap. Just lovely!

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Good evening sweet friend! Thank you for always spreading love and light wherever you go dearest! You always spread it my way. Love always, Anita

Silke said...

Happy Birthday, dear furry purry little Moonstar! Such a special kitty for a special family! She knew whom she was choosing when she showed up at your doorstep! She is so sweet!! Love, Silke

deb famularo said...

awwwwwwwwww, she is gorgeous! How fitting for showing up right before Halloween!!!!!
Happy Birthday Moonstar!!
And hugs to you Amy...xOxO

Incipient Wings said...

she's beautiful....!
happy belated birthday)