Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Sunlit mornings, surprises sprinkled among the work and play of life...


My four year old and I walk out onto a sunlit porch to set about the serious business of bubble blowing and chase and we see a package waiting to be opened. So, I, of course, grab my camera and start opening my gift from Washington state... This is how it went and gratitude is what I felt...

"Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is

like wrapping a present


and not giving it." ~William Ward



I owe this joy and faerytale feeling to my sweet friend, Georgianna Lane of http://www.georgiannalane.blogspot.com/




I am so refreshed by Georgianna's generosity, the work she put into every detail of my gifts. Thanks friend...





"The artist is nothing without the gift, but the gift is nothing without work." ~Emile Zola

12 comments:

LuLu Kellogg said...

So glad to see you back Amy!

What a lovely gift....it just makes the day so much brighter!

LuLu♥

Terri Kahrs said...

Ohhh, Amy! What a wonderful, heartfelt gift! Blessings & Hugs, Terri xoxo

Zuzu said...

Such a beautiful gift from Georgiana! :)
Happy that you are back again, Amy!
Hugs,
Zuzu

Georgianna said...

Oh, Amy, thank you for this! I'm thrilled to see everything on one of your magical pumpkins. A perfect faery tale setting – any moment it will turn into a beautiful coach, I'm sure! Wishing you a most beautiful day. xo – g

Jamie Burch said...

So lovely! Amy, you and Georgianna are so inspiring to me. Love the magical pumpkin! Thank you for adding sunshine to my day. ♥

Kiki said...

Wonderfully inspiring post Amy!!..the photo imagery is dazzling and magical..so beautiful! thanks for sharing your magic..
Victoria~

Fair Rosamund said...

What lovely presents!! And the pumpkins are just wonderful :) ~Lauren

duendes said...

hello
I have loved visiting your blog Wishing you a sunshine day!

Hugs,

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Look at this marvelous post. Amy dear, did you have a wonderful time away? Thank you sweet pearl, for coming to visit with me. I have been having the whirlwind of a school year so far, and there is no stopping for a break for at least a while. I am tired, down in spirit and I just wonder who ever demanded so much and decided that teachers would not be paid a decent salary. It is shameful. I am so behind on visiting people, I am so sorry. Enjoy a peaceful day dearest, Anita

Faerie Moon Creations said...

You are back! I've missed you. Thanks for sharing this wonderfully cheery and magical post!!! Theresa

Sheila said...

Dearest Amy...How I've missed you...I've been away for a while dealing with the passing of my mother-in-law. I find such peace here and oh how I've needed it the past few weeks, but was just unable to spend any time with my passions. I must say, I found inspiration and hope during this time whenever my eyes passed over the beautiful gift you shared with me. This piece will forever be a source of inspiration to me. Also, I just noticed you added me on your sidebar...how awesome - please know how much I appreciate it. All the best to you and I'm so glad to "see" you again...Sheila

Jessie said...

I do admire gifts that are wrapped so very beautifully! Such love must go into the careful wrapping. Your words as ever are wonderful Amy. :) xx