Friday, September 3, 2010

Sad... I will be gone for a bit... but, joyous and wild with excitement at the reasons why...


Today is a cool, dewy, pumpkin day... when the breeze blows and stirs the leaves, I can remember different places from different times when I noticed that breeze and those leaves whispering of Autumn. There were sad, sit-on-the-pumpkin-in-a-wistful-way times... there were "Whoa, I-am-living-1,000-miles-away-from-anyone-I know, times. Starting-new-times... The beginning of September is always a bit of an end for me with Samhain's New Year coming soon around the bend in the flower garden... yet, where things end so many possibilities begin... I am going to take a good week off here to gear-up for the 14 South Artists Fall Art Tour September 25th-26th 2010. I get tickled just thinking of Autumn breezes, pumpkins, apples, home-grown squash, pies, and harvesting and my Gladee Whirligig faery witch art springing forth! Here is a favorite quote of mine by Buscaglia... See you in awhile dear faerytale followers...

"I still get wildly enthusiastic...

about little things...


I play with leaves.



I skip down the street... and run against the wind." ~Leo Buscaglia
Happy September dear ones! May luck and love and creativity "fall" into your laps! Follow the breezes that push you to shine and do your best... they are the gentle nudges of the faery godmothers of your youth reminding you to believe in yourself.

18 comments:

Zuzu said...

We'll look forward to your return - enjoy!
Hugs,
Zuzu

Terri Kahrs said...

Enjoy, Sweet Amy! Many Blessings and Hugs, Terri xoxo

Georgianna said...

Oh, dear Amy, thank you for strewing a lovely path on which to skip into autumn with these beautiful thoughts. You know we will miss you but you'll be in our hearts. See you soon. xo – g

LuLu Kellogg said...

We will all be here when you return! Have a wonderful time with your magical creativity!

LuLu~*xoxo

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

YOU are going to have a marvelous time dearest, and you will enchant the faeries themselves....I will miss you. Do come when you get a chance to see one of my faeries that I will be posting late tonight. Enjoy every moment of your time....Anita

Kiki said...

Enjoy your new adventures and the magic ahead..beautiful art..a wonderful journey!
Victoria~

Janet said...

You are ever such a talented Pixie! Your own touch that Nobody else has. So lovely!!

b.b.flockling * Rose said...

Every time I come to visit, I become lost in here. Traveling here and there as your words and illustrations brightly illuminate the winding path...around corners with new delights awaiting!
I hope your adventure away has been a happy one...see you soon!
love, Rose

Jessie said...

A lovely post Amy, I've been away too long and now you're going but I look forward to your return! :) xx

Faerie Moon Creations said...

Enjoy your time away. And I shall send sweet wishes your way for an enchanted time during the Art Tour. Happy September to you as well. Theresa

Faerie Moon Creations said...

Enjoy your time away. And I shall send sweet wishes your way for an enchanted time during the Art Tour. Happy September to you as well. Theresa

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

My sweet, sweet, Amy,

You may snatch my mermaid if you wish and put her where you want her; I had so much fun drawing her in all her aqua glory! Thank you for your kind comments. I do not know where to begin to show my appreciation for your enthusiasm over my work. I was just telling my husband today, who also is a professor of history at a local university and an aspiring writer, that even though I am getting older, I feel as if I am getting younger, if that makes any sense. Drawing again, dabbling in writing stories and such has added to my role as a language teacher and working with little angels also has added to the joy of our craft. I wish you the best vacation or time off, and I know you will dazzle us with your magical colors. Do enjoy my faeriemaiden as I call her. Much blessings to you as you venture out into deeper waters. There is a faeriemaiden waiting just for you....Anita

Jorgelina said...

A lovely post
Wonderful time!
Hugs

duendes said...

hello,your creations are beautiful, come here brightens my dark days ....hugs

EDEN said...

darling, darling these paintings!

april said...

Beautiful little paintings! I love the wind and the coolness and the colors of fall. Love your little chinese lanterns and mushrooms!

Silke said...

Dear sweet faery friend! I came to check in after my time away and saw that now you are gone for a bit! Wishing you many blessings, good fun, the joys of approaching fall and much happiness!! Love, Silke

Silke said...

Oh, I totally forgot to say: wonderful art!!! I just love your paintings!! :-)