Thursday, September 30, 2010

My dear friend, Rena Askey, is featured in this month's Stampington Somerset Workshop after October 1st!!!!


Stampington and Company puts out a Somerset Workshop publication that has not only artist "galleries" on the pages, but instructional how-to's from the artists, themselves! My sweet, talented friend, Rena Veerkamp Askey was asked to contribute and it comes out in just a few days!!! She is infinitely talented, sweet as pure sugar, so witty in her humor that our banter back and forth has me rolling like a rag doll on the floor at times (metaphorically speaking, of course, ahem...) but, what I love about knowing Rena and having her just a short drive away, is this;

She knows the art of friendship and love. She has been published many many times in Somerset Studio always in the Art of Lettering and she is a gift to the art world with her positive statements and gorgeous subjects! I am blessed to have collaborated with her once again, and this second piece, is featured in Workshop in the Gallery and she graciously mentioned me for it because it is such a joy to work together scattering joy. I will be honored to see my words combined with her art again! Thanks for that, Rena friend.

"This is my wish for you: Comfort on difficult days, smiles when sadness intrudes, rainbows to follow the clouds, laughter to kiss your lips, sunsets to warm your heart hugs when spirits sag, beauty for your eyes to see, friendships to brighten your being, faith so you can believe, confidence for when you doubt, courage to know yourself, patience to accept the truth, love to complete your life." ~Author Unknown

(Rena on the left with friend, Selina, at one of the dear Dan Di Paolo parties!)

See Rena and congratulate her at, http://www.renadoodler.blogspot.com/ and enjoy her sweet charm! I am glad to be your friend and have you so close. I am blessed.
If you are interested in any of her prints, see flickr or back issues of Stampington's Somerset Studio, contact her directly via email.

8 comments:

Kiki said...

Lovely..super wonderful news for your friend..many congrats!
Victoria~

Terri Kahrs said...

Nothing warms the heart like the success of a friend! How wonderful! Hugs & blessings, Terri xoxo

Faerie Moon Creations said...

That is fabulous news! I have been waiting - rather impatiently I might add - for this magazine to come out. I've been looking for it everywhere! Why must I wait??? LOL Thank you for sharing the news of your friend's contributions. :) Theresa

Melissa said...

Just loving this blog! The colors always make me smile! Great news for your friend!

Rena said...

AMY, I am just so touched by all of your kind and magical words. I am so blessed in having you for a friend. You are a treasured person, please always know that. I always look so forward to our time together, of fun laughter, and most of all the inspiration you give. Thank you dear friend.

xoxo Rena

Róisín said...

Friendship is such a magical thing and I think you summed up the essence of it so well here. Just in the way I've come to expect from you :) Not only are you blessed Amy, but you know and celebrate it everyday. You are wonderful!

duendes said...

hello,is delightful to walk around here.desire a weekend litlit my you'l.hugs

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Good morning gorgeous faerie! Such whimsey and sweetness here....oh do I love the weekends to dream, draw and create...this post inspires me once again! ENJOY THIS FAB WEATHER! Anita