Friday, September 17, 2010

Is there a faerytale for me when the rain is all I see?


See video... Stand in the Rain by Superchick...

This is for the ones, (aren't we all?) facing fears while it pours...

Some of you who know me already know that at times I can be at a drive-through window, shopping in a store in a different town, waiting on a bench and people tell me their lives, people I don't know, without any prompts on my part, some of you have even been with me when it happens. I am not sure why or how it came to be, but I listen. My children just know now that we may be looking for socks and someone will tell me about their sick mother and start to cry, my kids just wait patiently while we are at the drive through and the gal who just started there tells me how she broke-up with an abusive boyfriend in the rain last night and she just feels lighter after we talk for that 45 seconds. You can just see it rise off her and she is lighter. I don't mind. I listen. We all have moments when we can't hold it in another second, can't even fathom not talking to someone while we hold such pain. It is o.k. We are here to be here are we not? To listen. I don't ever have solutions, advice, judgement. I just listen. A smile, a pat on the arm. I have little to give, but I will always give it. I was asked once after it happened at a Shopko, doesn't it drain you that that happens so often? Not really, I said. I used to be sad for awhile after it happened when I was still in school and college. Now, I just know it is more like a sieve and the person sharing and the person listening, me, are just watching it slide away as the moment is shared, released. We must stay open to our connectedness, not intrusive, not asking for someone to share... no not that... for that is never necessary. They will if they will. You will if it is right, whether you are the sharing end or the receptive end. Open to the morning of light and possibility and we have joy and release and we can stand in the rain.
This is a painting by my dear friend, Rena Askey, and it has my words of hope... Enjoy the wind and rains, the blowing winds clear the air and the rains wash away the care.

5 comments:

BALLET NEWS said...

I agree - and I love the painting. Happy Weekend to you !

Kiki said...

Super wonderful post Amy..gorgeous words and sharings..and fabulous painting from your freiend..awesome!
HUgs
Kiki~

Terri Kahrs said...

Ohhh, Amy! It happens because you're such a gentle, loving spirit. People can sense that you are non-judgmental and caring. Your spirit shines as bright as a candle in the darkness, and they are drawn to your light. Hugs & Blessings, Terri xoxo

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Oh I need to hear this now; with my demanding new post at work, I am barely making it. But there is always hope in the wind of change....beautiful words as always dearest, Anita

Faerie Moon Creations said...

I think people can sense you are a beacon of light in a sometimes dark world. They can see the faerie lights surrounding your warm heart! Thank you so very much for leaving your light with me today...Theresa :)