Tuesday, September 21, 2010

The 14 South Artists' Studio Art Tour is this weekend!!!!!!


What has been filling my days and messing up my tables?? Art show preparation, of course...

Tubes of old pages, faeries gracing their poetry, hydrangeas and ribbons and yarn... these are my days of late...


Music sheets, old, crumbling in that perfect way with songs of Summers gone by and needle craft patterns from 1917 tied with an old rose...



But, Mama! We are hungry, where will we eat? Is that bread in the basket? No... just more vintage papers, music and torn pages with art and flowers... How will we eat? the little children ask... We will feast on imagination, of course! No, we will just eat on the porch, hee hee.
Thanks dear, wondrous, and fabulously talented, friend, Rena Veerkamp Askey, for partnering again this year with me! This time we are at her house! Can't wait to sit and paint with you, laugh, meet new people who love art, and see old friends, too! The tour is 10-5 Saturday and Sunday!

12 comments:

apinkdreamer said...

hi my dear amy! i have a surprise for you on my blog!!!

Zuzu said...

Oh!!! How exciting! I hope you take lots and lots of photos & have a wonderful time!!!
Hugs,
Zuzu

Terri Kahrs said...

How I wish I were geographically closer so that I could pay you a proper visit, Sweet Amy! I'm sure that eating on the porch will be a treasured memory! LOL!!! Hugs & Blessings, Terri xoxox

Kiki said...

Have a fabulous magical time...wishing you many blessings!
Victoria~
Ps: beautiful photos..

Odd Chick said...

LOL.This reminded me of a game my mother use to play: "Let's pretend we already ate..ymmy, wasn't that good?" when she dreaded cooking dinner. But I can see that you have built a wonderful fairyland at this blog and if not a feast for your kids- it was definetly a feast for my tired eyes!
May the sale fairy light on your booth and bring lots of sales!

Faerie Moon Creations said...

This sounds like a wonderful time! You have fashioned up some beautiful art packages. Can't wait to read all about it. Theresa

Christel Hutson said...

another beautiful post Amy, I enjoyed it very much. xoxo Christel

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

LOVELY THINGS, LOVELY IDEAS, and you are going to be a smash hit my dear! Look for my new post this weekend....I will feature my drawings!!! HEEEEEE! Anita

Terri said...

Oh what fun! A Art Studio Tour!
Wish I could come too!
Your bundles of magical art look fab. Have a great weekend.
Hugs,
Terri

Georgianna said...

I am so proud of you and all you are creating! How I wish I could be at the art tour this weekend but wish you the greatest success! Everything is sooo beautiful!! Hope it's filled with magic and happiness. xo – g

Róisín said...

Oh Amy, I've missed your blog so much! It's only been a week or so since I last called in and so many beautiful posts like this one almost passed me by. I'm glad I caught them in time :) I especially loved your account of how people feel compelled to open up to you, it says so much about you as a person. Also, I'll be joining you on the Halloween Blog party. It's going to be so much fun, I can't wait!

fanciliciousfairylands said...

LOVEEEEEEEEE your blog!!!! Thank you for the daily inspiration1! I have added you to my blog roll...I do hope that is ok!!