Tuesday, August 3, 2010

The Wistfuls~ A Glimpse Into One of My Faerytales to Come...


At the end of Summer, the Wistfuls are born.

The Wistful Faeries are the memories of the flowers that visited us. They live in the glads that echo all that blooms from Spring to Summer



Each tells a story of becoming and fade. The bleeding heart sit fresh in newness and shade; Faery compassion drips like dew. Sweet Iris sees all and stands in the rain; Frills and strength combined in perfect balance.
Lily, with daily renewal, climbs to celebrate the Sun. Rays of bright thoughts leading to a pensive August. " ~Amy Sperry Faldet

"Echo's Lament for Narcissus" by Ben Jonson
Slow, slow, fresh fount, keep time with my salt tears;
Yet, slower yet; O faintly, gentle springs;
List to the heavy part the music bears;
Woe weeps out her division when she sings.
Droop herbs and flowers;
Fall grief in showers,
Our beauties are not ours;
O, I could still,
Like melting snow upon some craggy hill,
Drop, drop, drop, drop,
Since nature's pride is now a withered daffodil."
I don't know about you, but wistful dustings sprinkle upon my August. Never any regrets, as in Carl Sandburg's "Wistful"
"Wishes left on your lips, the mark of their wings, regrets fly kites in your eyes."
Just a smattering of wistful musings at the thought of flowers spent, penny candy from Mother, slowly savored, yes, but, just a memory on the tongue. Do gladiolas do this for you? Are they soo spring-like that they seem to be shoved through a faery portal at us, lest we forget in the crisp heat of August, all the gifts we were showered? I shant forget, best that I can. I will see each bud on the stalk as a little abode, sweet pink for a faery memory. Glad. That is what the ghosts whisper. Glad.

19 comments:

Róisín said...

Beautiful as ever Amy. And the images match your blog background perfectly! Everything on here always has that whimsical wonderful feel to it. I love it!

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

Thanks dear dear one! I love when you visit! Blessings.

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Oh dear....when I see your work, I wonder what I have been doing with my time....have I been as fruitful as I can be to create to my own potential? This is exquisite and just up my alley; how I long to create such beauty, but reality of my work has set in! I got a phone call reminded me about an inservice I need to attend tomorrow to learn the new curriculum for the school year!!!!! AHHHHH! But thank you Amy, for the wonderful farewell to summer's magic...and hopefully the welcome to the enchantment of fall!

Blessings, Anita

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

Anita, I set my finger softly on your lips to hush such thoughts! You are a light bringer and a joy in all you do. Never a wasted moment can there be with a heart and imagination such as yours dear dear friend!!! Thank goodness those children have you to bring the French language to them. You are a gift. Blessings and peace, sunshine and ease to you from me.

Terri Kahrs said...

Ohhhh . . . sooooo pretty! Believe it or not, gladiolas have never been my favorites, but you've revealed their inner beauty with your gorgeous photos. Thank you for working your magic! Hugs & Blessings, Terri xoxo

Bella said...

Oh, this is so beautiful, sweet friend. So incredibly beautiful. I just love glads ~ and your poetry captured their sentiment so perfectly. Those photos are some of the most gorgeous gladiolus photos I have EVER seen. They are ethereal ~ beautiful and joyful.

Kiki said...

HI Amy..another beautiful post of gorgeous prose and enchantment..the colors are so peaceful and dreamy..and i feel harmony! Thankyou for creating your magic. You are a beautiful poetess of the fae and flora!
Kiki~

Sheila said...

Always beautiful and your way with words is breathtaking...I want you to know I've been in the process of redecorating my work space (yes...my wonderful husband allowed me to completely take over our shared office space for more of my creative endeavors). AND Thaw is in a strategic location that allows me to view her always. She is such a beautiful reminder. I will always be grateful...Have a wonderful rest of the week!

Faerie Moon Creations said...

I had never thought of gladiolas in that way. But they do have a wistful, serene feeling to them. Thank you, as always, for sharing pure magic...Theresa

文王廷 said...

Learn wisdom by the follies of others.............................................................

懷明明名懷明明名 said...

人不能像動物一樣活著,而應該追求知識和美德............................................................

Zuzu said...

Wonder-filled! I cannot wait to see more! :)

I am currently working on some tissue-paper whimsies... and hope to share them soon.

Wishing you & yours a beautiful day, Amy!

http://afancifultwist.typepad.com said...

Catching up on your delicious posts, a treat a treat indeeed!!

Hi there Miss Amy ;) What I want to know is, is your garden mine, and mine yours? Can we reach eachother by following the great pumpkin vine?? They do look alike, moy gooodnesss!!

The other thing is.. do you water, or is the earth kind to you out there? I am thankful for a well, to gift growing things water twice a day :)

Your creativity is beautiful. Thank you for sharing it friend!!!

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

I understand Terri! They have a sadness for me. It is like they are so perfect and fresh when everything is feeling end of summery. But, the way I see it, if they came in spring it would not as amazing. Blessings dear one.

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

Bella, Kiki, Sheila you are sunshine, thanks! Blessings.

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

Theresa and Zuzu, You bring me smiles. Thanks dears. Can't wait for the whimsies friend!!! Blessings.

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

Vanessa dear one, yes, the sweet, vine faeries must fly far from mine to yours or I know, they are cousins! Fun! I have had to water them about four times this Summer. Wisconsin has been soo rainy this Summer, especially. What always amazes me is how the squash vines stretch out so in August. Up our wood pile, so ambitious but seeming so relaxed with arms all sprawled out. I have some orange pumpkins now and some swan neck little baby guords I will try today to take pics before I leave to meet artist friends for the day because we have good light right now. Thanks for the email and I am thinking of you with wishes of peace friend. Blessings.

Georgianna said...

Dear Amy, I cannot contain my excitement and anticipation for your new fairytale creations to be released to the world! You are blossoming with an abundance of joyful beauty more and more each day. I am delighted to be along for the ride! xo – g

meandering pearl said...

i read this wistfully!!! beautifully beautiful thoughts