Thursday, August 5, 2010

Vanessa Valencia, little pumpkin, this is for Baby...

Tender memories and pumpkin swings,
Bring you to a Pumpkin Forest.

Where miracles






remind us of the wonder we may not always see. Protected under the yellow stars, we find out how to love and grow




This morning, I asked a favor of the children. I asked them if our little Pumpkin Forest could be dedicated to Vanessa's Baby. I asked them if we could "take" Vanessa to our little garden and give her blossom stars, like the stars that were in Baby's eyes, show her twirls on the vines, like the twirls I am sure Vanessa felt when her furry friend danced around her in excitement. I asked if she could peek into the wonder land that is under those leaves to see how they grow from stronger older vines like memories to be made. They are the sweetest things memories. They are small in our heart at first, loved, but small. When a love passes on, though, they grow and take on such a rounded out way, bigger, with such vibrancy. When we spend time with those we love it is all about little beginnings. Some get to maturity, plans complete, picnics had, mischief managed (we have fun with that with our own dog, Maggie.) But, some of the times stay little. We didn't get to do this, wanted to do that.

No wonder memories for me are shaped like tear drops. For tears come with joy and sadness. So, yes, my darlings said yes, this Pumpkin Forest filled with blossom stars and yellow swans is for Vanessa and her family in dedication to the pumpkin that was Baby. Love from us to you sweet ones.

Side note~ We get asked why we don't hoe out a garden for all our vines and let them lay on the grass, so here is the reason why... the pumpkins like to be tickled by the grass, of course. We never have rot or muddy squash or pumpkins that way for the grass holds them like a nest of soft delight. So, there you go ~smile~

12 comments:

Kiki said...

Amy!!! What a beautiful post...I love your beautiful art..it is one of my faves! Again..written with such poetic beauty and inspired energy..you cna just feel it..your work is wonderful and always a treat to explore and enjoy! I would love to explore the pumpkin forest!
Kiki~

Lenora said...

This is sooo lovely! You are such a wondrous artist! The children and i are transported! Love the painting! Love the photos, love the story of your garden and pumkins in your heart!

Lenora

http://afancifultwist.typepad.com said...

I am speechless. plink plink, tears of joy and love....

ps: baby's human Daddy (Mister Lovee) is from your neck of the woods... so isn't it curious, that now, Baby is held in thought in a pumkin patch where her daddy came from??? Oh, how the universe twirls and intertwines. Thank you a million thank yous.

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Ooooh, this is a lovely way to usher us into this time of the season when the air is going to get chillier....but I know why....the flutter of faerie wings brings us the fall breezes and frosts on the gentle pumpkins...have fun my dear and inspirational as ever! Anita

Terri Kahrs said...

Only YOU, Amy, could comfort with words of kindness, wisdom and love from a magical pumpkin patch. You, indeed, are a wonderful friend. (Said with crystal tears falling on her cheeks.) Blessings & Hugs to you and Vanessa, Terri xoxoxo

apinkdreamer said...

wonderful post! i love vanessa too!!!

Scrapping With Sherry said...

You are a beautiful and eloquent writer. I really enjoyed reading your post and will be back to read more! Not to mention that I love all of your great photos, you know how us scrapbookers love our photos...

I came by today to introduce myself. My name is Sherry and I have joined the Bloggerette Sorority. I have only been blogging for almost 30 days so I missed the Rush, but I look forward to taking part in future events. I would be honored if you would like to come by for a visit at http://scrappingwithsherry1.blogspot.com/ Hope to see you there!

Take Care~ Sherry

Faerie Moon Creations said...

What an absolutely beautiful and heartfelt tribute to sweet Miss Vanessa's beloved Baby. This was truly an amazing gift in words and images and spirit. You are truly wondrous! :) Theresa

Fair Rosamund said...

So lovely, I'm sure this means so much to Vanessa who loved Baby with all her heart :) Such a wonderful dedication for a beautiful pumpkin garden! I hope you are having a lovely day, Lauren

張黃柏亞武茜 said...

失去金錢的人,失去很多;失去朋友的人,失去更多;失去信心的人,失去所有。............................................................

Rhonda Roo said...

See? I knew you were a fairy born of the same garden as Vanessa.

What a sweet gift for a lovely person.

From a lovely person.

And, how precious to think the grass is tickling the pumpkins! :-) A magic place, I am sure.

Zuzu said...

... and I am tickled by your sweet posts, Amy. As always - magical!!!
Hugs,
Zuzu