Tuesday, August 31, 2010

"Three spirits mad with joy come dashing down on a tall wayside flower." ~ Tennyson




"A Fairy Revel, before the coming of Guinevere."


He said that as he rode, an hour or maybe twain after the sunset, down the coast, he heard strange music, and he paused, and turning-- there...


All down the lonely coast of Lyonnesse, each with a beacon-star upon his head, we saw them---headland after headland flame far on into the rich heart of the west and in the light the white mermaiden swam and strong man-breasted things stood from the sea and sent a deep sea-voice thro' all the land to which the little sloes of chasm and cleft made answer, sounding like a distant horn. So said my father-- yea, and furthermore, next morning, while he past the dimlit woods Himself beheld three spirits mad with joy come dashing down on a tall wayside flower that shook beneath them, as the thistle shakes when three gray linnets wrangle for the seed; and still at evenings on before his horse the flickering fairy-circle wheeled and broke flying, for all the land was full of life. And when at last he came to Camelot,
A wreath of airy dancers hand in hand swung round the lighted lantern of the hall; And in the hall itself was such a feast as never man had dreamed; for every knight had whatsoever meat he longed for served by hands unseen: and even as he said, down in the cellars merry bloated things shoulder'd the spigot, straddling on the butts while the wine ran; so glad were spirits and men before the coming of the sinful Queen." ~Tennyson
Once upon a time, not so long ago, Friday, actually... three spirits mad with joy, Amy, Rena, and Selina came dashing down on a wayside party held by their dear artist friend, Dan Di Paolo and Jamie Berger... they met faery friends there, "Black-eyed Susan" on the tamborine and her beautiful sister, Shelley and the glorious Darcy finder of past-owned books from another lifetime of mine... there was a party in the cornfield amid fireflies and a red moon... it was not our first revel there and will not be our last, yet, it always feels so fresh, real and true and we wish they could last...
Thanks everyone for making my night soo magical and bringing a smile to my heart.
(I combined pictures from last week and previous party photos to create this little montage to wonderful summery night experiences. The puckery pic is of me and Darcy doing a model pout. I found the most amazing book from her goodies to sell and I will blog more someday about it when I have more photos and fun, strange, occurances to tell. Joy to you Susan for being able to check "tamborine girl" off your bucket list!!!!!!! Thanks dears for the fun and friendship!)

7 comments:

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Look at you and YOUR WORLD DEAREST AMY!!! BEAUTIFUL, JUST BEAUTIFUL!!!! (don't ever forget me, please?) YOU are fabulous in all you do. I hope classes are going well; I am teaching English this year....I have never done it so we shall see what we shall see....Blessings to you! Anita

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

You are unforgettable friend. Never worry! Good luck with the new class! I am blessed in you!

Kiki said...

Such fun and spirit sparkling everywhere..and especially in the magic of your words..beautiful weavings you share Amy!
Shine on!
Kiki~

Róisín said...

Oh, you've got me in a party mood now! Your posts always do that to me- bring me to another place or lift my mood if it happens to be down. You have a gift Amy and I'm so glad you share it with the world. Thank you,
Roisin x

Faerie Moon Creations said...

Fabulous faerie fun! Thanks for sharing, Amy! Theresa

Rena said...

Amy...(squeeeling with delight) I had THE most special night with you there. There is defenitly something magical about Dan and Jamie's place. It feels so welcoming and homey. The best part was sharing it with you, Shelley, Susan and my dear Selina.

Janet said...

What beautiful words! Your Blogs so Lovely!
Im having a Giveaway on my Blog! Come have a looksee..its all about all things faerie! And the giveaway they all have wings!
Jan ox