Friday, August 27, 2010

Thank-you Somerset Studio for featuring my "Gladee Whirligig" faerytale character for Halloween! I am glad!


I am featured with an article about my thoughts on Halloween in Somerset Studio's Lively Art of Lettering again and I am as Glad as Gladee Whirligig, my faery witch of Halloween Joy and Generosity.

"May your thoughts be as glad as the shamrocks.

May your heart be as light as a song,


May each day bring you bright, happy, hours that stay with you all the year long."



~Irish Blessing



Can you feel the light and joy I am sending to you all, for I am in a state of sweet, humble, happiness at being featured again in this month's Somerset Studio!!!! My sweet "Gladee Whirligig" character is swirling all the beautiful sentiments of such a magical, generous, harvest holiday to create A Happy Halloween! Thanks to the most amazing publishing company, Stampington and Co. for allowing my Vintage Halloween drawing to grace the pages of my favorite art publication. (see May/June and July/August 2009 issues for my other lucky submissions that were featured especially where my words were used by my amazing friend, Rena Askey, in her art for cancer in the July issue.)



I tend to paint quite light and with a vintage feel and even so, they manage to make my sketches and paintings come alive and for that I thank-you all!!!

14 comments:

Holly, the Old Western Gal said...

Congratulations! What a sweet and charming drawing!

BALLET NEWS said...

It's utterly gorgeous - you clever thing ! Have a lovely weekend

Terri Kahrs said...

Ohhhh, Amy!!!! Congratulations on being published in Somerset! What an awesome honor and sooooo well deserved. I'm eagerly awaiting my copy - it should be here any day!!! Congratulatory hugs & kisses!!! Terri xoxoxo

Eden Clare O'Meara said...

You Whoooo...
Congratulations!
So very exciting to be published!
Will be looking for you in that issue.
Thank you for your sweet sentiments and yes, I do understand your joyful feelings for your children. I am a better more happier more wonderful person because of my Miss Ray.
Blessings to you dear friend.
xo xo Eden

Kiki said...

Yay..Congrats to you Amy for all you do and create..how fabulous..i am very thrilled and happy for you!! HUgs!! So wonderful your work is being acknowledged and honored and celebrated..it must feel fantastic!!
Blessings
Kiki~

Lori Saul said...

Congrats on your lovely art being published- beautiful and of course enchanting work as always!

Faerie Moon Creations said...

How amazing! Congratulations to you! I'm so thrilled to know two amazing artisans featured in this issue! Have a wonderful and joyous weekend! Theresa

Renee said...

Congratulations. I have that issue.

(I have many issues of many different somerset mags).

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Oh Amy, this is pure light and joy! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! I too am published in an on-line magazine...when you get a chance, come and see. BEAUTIFUL ILLUSTRATIONS!!! Love to you, Anita

deb famularo said...

CoNgRaTuLaTiOnS!!! That is absolutely amazing and what an honor! I'm gonna have to buy the magazine now, for sure!!!!!!!
lots of love...
xOxO

Georgianna said...

How totally thrilling!! Congratulations, dear! I'm rushing out to get a copy. xo xo – g

apinkdreamer said...

congratulations! you are an amazing artist! i wish i had the magazine! here in greece i can't find it!!!

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Good morning dear Amy! Thank you for your visit yesterday. I am so honored to be a part of a magazine! And I am also drawing more.....what a fun summer it has been; I feel like I am 10 years old again, playing, drawing and dreaming! HAVE A MAGICAL DAY, Anita

Holly Loves Art said...

Huge congrats!! Your work is just absolutely beautiful... and Somerset Studios too! Wow! Enjoy!
Hugs,
Holly