Tuesday, August 24, 2010

"Make a nest of your thoughts." ~Mary Engelbreit


"If I can stop one Heart from breaking, I shall not live in vain. If I can ease one life the aching or cool one pain or help one fainting Robin unto his nest again, I shall not live in vain." ~Emily Dickinson

"When I learn something new- and it happens every day-- I feel a little more at home in this Universe, a little more comfortable in the nest." ~Bill Moyers
Alice said to the Cheshire Cat... "Would you tell me, please, which way I ought to go from here?" The Cat replies, "That depends a good deal on where you want to get to." Alice answers, "I don't much care where." Thus, the Cat said, "Then it doesn't matter which way you go." This post is dedicated to my new Fall Term College students that I start teaching today. I can't wait to accentuate your strengths, allay your fears about your new path, and celebrate your thoughts and hopes for the future! Remember to set your goals, ask many questions, question many things, be willing to change, embrace the trials that make you grow and make a nest of your thoughts.



(My Alice Collage in its beginning stage... and snapshots by me this morning)

15 comments:

Kiki said...

Amy!!
Powerful..beautiful and Wonderful! Your students wil be inspired with your special magic..!!Love it!
Hugs

icandy... said...

good morning, sweetheart!!!
you are such an amazing woman and dear friend, how lucky the students are to have you! i can only imagine how much of an impact your creativity will have on them!
have fun!!!
sending big hugs and blessings!
oxox
christina

Georgianna said...

Enchanting, dear Amy, and so full of beautiful wisdom. You are so sweet to share this with your students and they are supremely lucky to have you as a teacher. Wishing you all a wonderful term. xo – g

Christel Hutson said...

Dear Amy, It would seem we are all students, each growing and learning. The difference is... the journey and discoveries along lifes paths, not always the destination. Have a wonderful week, I ejoyed this beautiful post, and will await the Alice collage as I am certain it will be enchanting. xoxox Christel

Bella said...

Beautiful! I love the quotes and images. Good luck with your new students. :)

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

I loe Emily Dickenson!!!! Oh dearest, you started teaching already; I go back on Sept. 7 to welcome mes nouvels élèves!!! Dream on and give these students the best of who you are...Anita

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

Kiki dear that touches the heart for you inspire with every post! Thanks dear friend! Blessings.

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

Christina, you are the wonderful one! Thanks for the kudos! Blessings.

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

I appreciate is so dear Georgianna! I had a wonderful day! Blessings and light, Amy

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

Yes, I completely agree, Christel. I want to learn until I leave this existence! Blessings and thanks!

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

Thanks for the luck dear Bella! Blessings and light, Amy

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

Vos élèves sont autant de chance de vous avoir mon cher ami! J'espère que vous avez une belle semaine avant de commencer les classes. I am so glad to have you as a friend! Blessings dear one.

Faerie Moon Creations said...

What inspiring quotes! Your students are sure lucky to have you guide them. Can't wait to see your finished Alice collage piece. Theresa :)

Holly Loves Art said...

Such beautiful and inspiring quotes! Your students are so fortunate to have you as their instructor. Have a great time!
Holly

duendes said...

Dear friend, I love coming here, makes me much good. Happy weekend.
Hugs