Saturday, July 24, 2010

"The White Light streams down to be broken up by those human prisms into all the colors of the rainbow." ~Charles R. Brown


"There is in a person an upwelling spring of life, energy, love, whatever you like to call it. If a course is not cut for it, it turns the ground round it into a swamp." ~ Mark Rutherford (William Hale White) from More Pages from a Journal, 1910

Had a darling one send me a note saying how she loved my unique blog, not really like anyone else's... just seems to be fresh and real and full of what is good about the world, our past, faerytales and life... thanks dear. She asked why she felt so stagnant at times in creativity and how I knew what to post, how to look, how to inspire myself...

Sooo... thought about it this morning a bit and this is where I come from when it comes to this journal in blogland, my creative outlets, and my inspirations...


"No creature is fully itself 'til it is, like the dandelion, open in the bloom of pure relationship to the Sun, the entire living cosmos." ~D.H. Lawrence


I create based on memories of how I felt when I read faerytales for the first time...

The first time I consciously realized that stories were connected to who we are, that they are infinite in their potential or direction, that they shed light on behaviors, motives, dreams... it was when I was very young and it was as though I had walked through a portal and on the otherside I was completely open to all that might occur, like a character in a faerytale.

Later, with maturity, (still don't have much of that strange ingredient, hee hee) I saw what others looked like when they were not listening to their light. We are here to be ourselves, to appreciate others' abilities, styles, cadences, but to be ourselves.

"Once conform, once do what others do because they do it, and a kind of lethargy steals over all the finer senses of the soul." ~Michel Eyquem de Montaigne

My style is not unique in terms of "Wow! This is sooo cutting edge. Never been seen before style in art." I actually harken back to the Golden Age of Illustration at the turn of the 20th century, the Belle Epoque. I have my bitty twist that makes it mine.

So... what I came to find this morning on this chippy porch of mine is that what you see here and in my drawings, is what I love. Love. I create what I love and what inspires me to love. I love all the different books in my shelves; I love all the different artists that walk on the mossy path to my blog; I love all the artists of the Belle Epoque who inspire me in my Art Nouveau-like look; but what I put up, what I create, is a product of love.

"Love, love, love... its easy. All you need is love... dat ta da ta da... All you need is love..."

The stagnancy, the mimicry, the frustrations, the feelings of emptiness only come from loving someone else's expression so much that you don't listen to your own. That thinking... "Ahh... I love the way they make me feel" is the end of the faerytale. It should be about "I love how I make me feel." and then, it is love radiant. It glows off your shoulders and you feel it caress your cheek in the cold, howling winds of a day. Not self-absorption... for that means you are soaking up some other light source...

No, it is self-effusion of the love from within and recognizing it.

Once you recognize what you love about the world and recognize what you love about yourself and yourself in this world, you will shine.

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, "Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and fabulous?" Actually, who are you not to be? Playing small does not serve the World. There's nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do... It's not just in some of us, it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others." ~ Marianne Williamson

(Art is an altered art piece of mine in journal style about fear and Fearlessness)


11 comments:

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

Make your prism... not your prison... just open the door to your heart...

Faerie Moon Creations said...

Thank you for sharing your inspirations and how you create such beautiful images and words. It was wonderful to read! Theresa

LuLu Kellogg said...

Dearest Amy~

You are always so inspiring with your posts. I always listen to my heart and create what I love and not what others expect me to do :)

Much Love,
LuLu~*xoxo

Kiki said...

Wonderful Amy..thanks for sharing your inspiring wisdom.
Kiki~

Bella said...

What a wonderful, beautiful post! I couldn't agree more. I just love the quotes you chose. I keep a copy of that last long one in my journal ~ sort of a reminder to myself when I start to feel like shrinking because of some unkindness or the general glums. As always, you sent some loveliness out into the world today. Thank you. :)

apinkdreamer said...

wonderful - magic post!!!

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Oh how it takes to long to develop a style that touches others....and you have come to the cusp of perfecting yours....it is truly a magical place, Amy, and I am a faithful follower of your light....

Terri said...

Well said : )
Big hugs to you dear one.
Terri

deb famularo said...

Absolutely Amazing Amy........you are a breath of fresh air always! The love you have inside radiates through! You inspire me in so many ways........thank you!!!!!! xOxO

Rhonda Roo said...

You are tonic for a tired and melancholy soul; a timely quelling of the whatifs I have been experiencing of late!

...you know, i loved every single quote here and then laughed, delightedly to find the Beatles among them :-)

your bitty twist makes you a lovely incredible being, and i am so glad to have found you

blessing peace love joy happiness and exuberance of life to you tied up by faeries with a magical sparkling bow!!

xoxoxox Rhonda roo

Queen of Dreamsz said...

Hi Amy,

I love all of the quotes you have used and especially the Marianne Williamson.

It really is all about love and the love we give to ourselves...without it the heart cannot "express what really makes our heart sing".

Thank you for your inspiring post.

Stephanie ♥