Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Invisible ink, ribbons, paper, friends, gifts and the color of candlelight...


Please excuse me while I wander a bit in the light...
for I am covered in faery dust from friends...
You see ribbons, paper, and invisible ink and I go way back and I get lost in the wonder...
When they come back to visit...
Sunday... My children and I spent the afternoon in the land of Queen Anne's Lace and meadow at my parents, carving nibs for our quills and dipping them in the fresh lime juice to write secret notes (the very best kind) to each other... My heart was lit with childhood memories of holding the paper just so over the candle light and I marveled that we were writing new pages in our memories with my children. As I lay out the fruits of friendship on my dining room table, my faery of my Lost Crown story looks upon the treasures of the last few days...
My faery friend (for we are always creating faery mischief by giving gifts, surprises, and light beams from our hands to each other) the ever-talented, sweetly published, astoundingly kind, Rena Veerkamp Askey, came for lunch yesterday bearing gifts...





Rena, truly, your visit yesterday on my porch, in my dining room was, itself, the gift...


Look at how much color they bring to your world said my faery from the drawing, as she watched me lay out the papers from Japan, the ribbon scarf from my friend from Germany who lives in the heat of the south now, the glimmer paints...


Silke Powers, of the blog "metamorphosis" (see my sidebar to visit her world) I thank-you, my friend, for my ribbon scarf and art card...
And as the stars opened upon the dusk... The moon looked remarkably like a heavenly squash gifted from Leo and Shelley yesterday and comfort fell upon my heart and home...

Thanks Rena, friend (see my sidebar to visit her she is new to blogland and one of my favorite people!)




Drawings by Amy Sperry Faldet for my faerytale, The Lost Crown.





17 comments:

Terri Kahrs said...

Secret messages, gifts, surprises, the light of friendship --- awwww ---- what a perfectly wonderful day!!! Blessings & Hugs, Terri xoxxo

Kiki said...

Yay Amy...What a super gorgeous post full of magic.. beauty and the sweet songs of freindships and faery folk and special moments! Thanks for sharing your magic and all the new treasures you ahve receieved ...and oh my..what wonderfully inspiring drawings..gorgeous art!
Fabulous! Have a sparkly day..
Kiki~

meandering pearl said...

your blog is just like a fairytale!!! lovely thoughts for you

Faerie Moon Creations said...

What lovely art and lovely gifts...this is truly a faerytale space... Theresa :)

Róisín said...

Amy, I think this post just sums up what I love about your blog. It's so airy and beautiful!

Silke said...

Oh, my Amy, you are a beam of light, a sprinkling of faerydust, and I am so glad to have met you!! Your whole life is like a faerytale! Thank you so much for your sweet words!! Much love, Silke

Beth Niquette said...

What a lovely colorful heartful post! I LOVED it!!! ((hugs))

Rena said...

Amy, you are the one full of light, inspiring others, to me you are amazing. My day at your house, it's like a "recharge your batteries" sort of retreat. I love that. The lunch you made was so wonderful!! Thank you for the beautiful piece of art, I will treasure my glass ball, as I do our friendship. I have been using adorable pad of paper too. To see Olivia talk, it was like a miniature of you, the world is even better now. **happy sigh**

Sheila said...

As always, such a beautiful place to visit and spend some quality time...beautiful and of course you know I adore fairies and all the magic that surrounds them. Sheila

meandering pearl said...

Hello again! :) i'd be absolutely delighted if you'd like to post a picture link to my blog, i put you on my blogroll too!!! so lovely to have met you & to hear about your beautiful pink pearl, what a magical story to be a part of!!! im so glad you shared it with me!!! loveliest of fairy wishes for you!!!

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Oh dear....whenever I come here, I have stepped into another realm where I love to live....you are magic, and your children HAVE GOT to know that....oh, the lime juice ink and candlelight.....what magic this is. Dearest one, you are the best. Come to Nowhere to see our latest theatre production of paper cut outs and my husband's try at some silly theatre.....and my cutouts....Anita

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Amy! You came to the theatre in Nowhere! THis time, my husband did the writing but I still do the art....cut outs and all! THis is the way our minds work together.....a bit off kilter, but we like it that way, thank you.

HEEEEEE! You are too, too kind! CARRY ON!

And have a fabulous day! Anita

Terri said...

Thank you for your magical post. Such life and light in you and what you write.
Beautiful gifts, and your art is so lovely.
Hugs,
Terri

Zuzu said...

Sweet, magical gifts! Time spent with dear ones, and such beautiful, inspiring gifts!
Enjoy!!!
Zuzu

王建勳 said...

堅持是為著某種目的或目標,而持續不斷朝向既定方向努力的一種意念。..................................................

蕭v柯凡豐珈火 said...

you are the best 1............................................................

Georgianna said...

Brilliant and beautiful and full of wonder! Invisible writing! Oh my! I love your lost crown paintings – I so know I will see them in books very soon and am thrilled for you! xo