Friday, July 16, 2010

"Flowers seem intended for the solace of ordinary humanity." ~Ruskin


"Flowers have an expression of countenance as much as women or animals. Some seem to smile;

some have a sad expression;


some are pensive and diffident;



others again are plain, honest and upright,




like the broad-faced sunflower and the hollyhock." ~Henry Ward Beecher Such love I have for all the flowers, the intricate, the simple, the sweet, and the elegant...
There cannot be one any more beautiful than an other... they are like humans to me, as well. When there is that inner light it it shines whether some are considered weeds or highly cultivated, the wild bloom or the simple petals are fresh and rival the great, exquisite, elegance of the orchid or the romance of the dear peony...
I have a little book of Irish songs I love to reread, collected by Ian McCollough, and there is one song that reminds me that it does not matter so much how we age or how we began even...
if that light is there and the love wafts on the breeze between the one who sees and the one who is seen the beauty is there and endures...
Here is the sweet Irish ditty I love so,
"Believe me, if all those endearing young charms which I gaze on so fondly today were to change by tomorrow and fleet in my arms, like faery gifts fading away... thou would'st still be adored, as this moment thou art. Let thy loveliness fade as it will, and around the dear ruin each wish of my heart would entwine itself verdantly still. It is not while beauty and youth are thine own, and thy cheeks unprofaned by a tear, that the fervour and faith of a soul can be known, to which time will but make thee more dear. No, the heart that has truly loved, never forgets, but as truly loves on to the close, as the sunflower turns on her god, when he sets the same look which she turned when he rose."
We are all so beautiful in our way and it shows when we are lit up... Do something this weekend that lifts you... lights you... for you are flowers in a sparkling jar or growing from refinement, but nonetheless you are all so very dear...
Blessings and joy from Amy

8 comments:

Zuzu said...

Lovely, lovely, lovely! You post the most beautiful things, Amy!

I hope you will come by to visit me today - I have just posted about the "fairy world" that surrounds me, and it would be a joy for me to share it with you! :)

Wishing you a lovely weekend,
Zuzu

deb famularo said...

Flowers make me instantly happy- they're magical aren't they. I always have them in my home. "...flowers in a sparkling jar" love that!

Have a beautiful weekend! xOxO

Creative Carmelina said...

yes I agree...all blooms are beautiful and unique and so are women! we need only to embrace that uniqueness in ourselves and enjoy the very splendor of our individual petals of characteristic charm!

have a great day!
ciao bella
creative carmelina

Róisín said...

So very, very lovely :) I love blogging just for posts like this one; you know, the ones that hop off your dashboard and brighten up your day. It's been raining all week here in Ireland (well of course it is, it's the summer) and the wind is beating it off my window as I type. Thanks for bringing me a little sunshine!

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

I love coming here dearest Amy...you will always be my faerie...what a beautiful thought...humans as flowers. And as diverse is the garden of blooms, so is the garden of life. Thank you for always providing a living word for us all. And I just went out to buy some tulle to hang over my bed to create that MAGICAL BEDROOM from that white cottage! One element at a time...Bisous, Anita

Fair Rosamund said...

Beautiful photos and beautiful song, thank you! I never really though about flowers having facial expressions, but it is so true :) Have a lovely weekend :) ~Lauren

Georgianna said...

Amy, you knew I would just melt over this. A sparkly, tingly and bubbling post filled with joy and flowers and love. Each flower, each petal, precious and unique. Thank you, thank you!

Kiki said...

Gorgeous post Amy...wonderfully inspiring photos to match..pure art..in word and imagery!
Lovely Magic!
Kiki~