Monday, July 12, 2010

"Ahhh, I know you, a small-time artist with dish suds on your arms?" the warty toad laughed...


Am I small? I may be... but so many things are seen when you are small... have you noticed?

Small is joy and the view is magical...


Small is gentle...



To see as a small one does...
It is a miracle to be small. to be quiet, without pomp. I have always seen this world with a naive touch to my eyes... wands of faery stories sparkle in my vision... I would not leave that way, ever. I have love for the precious smallness of new people. My children have been and are reminders that being new to this Earth is a miracle. For never have I looked at them and seen defeat with everything before them... so many things that are sooo big, so possibly daunting and our small ones look at their new world without fear, limits, doubts unless they are taught them. They are small, bright hearts... fierce with glee. Even if I had my art in every book store imaginable, even if my art was a staple in every card aisle meant to brighten someone's day... I would remain small. It is my way. It is the view I love. I am sure that is why I am a lover of faery lore. The characters are so small, or if not small, so fair, so fine, soft, and ethereal, yet, ahhh... the glow of their hearts shines with all they do. Mother Teresa said, "There are no great things, only small things with great love. Happy are those." Happy are those... yes, happy are those. I have decided that this Fall I shall open a shop on etsy and I will fill it with all the love that a small artist can give! I love the toad for the wise "croak" or wise crack... for it makes me see that small is the touch I want to give, the gentleness I want to show, for the sweetest bite is not gobbling down a delectable creation, it is the small, savored, one. I want to put all the light I have received from all of you, all the love my wee ones have given me, the sweet, slow, small, life my little town has held for me and the time it takes to sit on a breezy porch on a Summer afternoon and read a faerytale to my little one, in everything I create. In everything I create for me. In everything I will create for you. For then, the warty toads in this world... well then, their words will become that beautiful music you hear over the pond with moonlight on the lilies...
Blessings to all of you and thanks Sheri Gaynor for the email and the Creative Awakenings book that inspired me to listen to the warty toad and embrace its song.



8 comments:

Zuzu said...

I love this post so much. Yes! Start small, take baby steps, gather your dreams together and light the world with all your creative, magical beauty! :)
Hugs,
Zuzu

apinkdreamer said...

small is beautiful!!!
i'm looking forward to visiting your etsy!!!

faerie finder said...

i love this post so much.. i copied the mt quote...
i see.. and i know this but i forget...
big does not mean happy!
and you cant measure peace and joy in creation
small or big is like saying salty or sweet.
they just dont apply do they!?
fairy blessings and best wishes with
your etsy store!

Eden Clare O'Meara said...

Gosh, Amy have I told you how much I love it here. It is just so beautiful this Wondrous Place. Every little post, every little photo that graces your blog's pace...sigh....so pretty I cannot help but feel so very happy when I visit here even if its just for a moment or too!
Blessings Eden

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Good morning dearest Faerie friend and lover of all things magical! This is summer to me; dreaming in colors of hope and magic, encouragement and possibilities....all these things found in art of our hearts, which you do so well. I hope all is well chez toi; we are moving along very well ourselves. Enjoy your day dear one. Anita

Faerie Moon Creations said...

Small IS most beautiful! Thank you for the heavenly post. I look forward to the opening of your etsy shop. Congratulations on making such a decision - I know people will fall in love with your work. :) Theresa

deb famularo said...

Love your attitude- you are my "happy place" in blogland! But you already know that! :)

....and an etsy store, oh boy- that would be wonderful indeed!!!!! I wish you ALL the best and know you will have it! xOxO

Georgianna said...

I'm dancing about the place right now with the thought of your lovely new shop! Oooo, it's going to be sooo beautiful and magical and popular, I know it! A wise decision full of dreamy possibilties! xo – g