Tuesday, June 15, 2010

The wind is the wind...


Once upon a time, not so long ago, as I sat in the meadow, I watched how the winds changed and a bluebird swept into sight. He beat against the gusts and chirped angrily as he tried to fight the wind. Eventually coming to rest in the sweet meadow grass next to me. He sat and cried and I asked, "What can I do?" The bird had no song, he felt defeated. He was sure that the wind was out to send him falling tumultuously, possibly even from birth. It had been a difficult life, you see, from his point of view. "Well," I said, "creation is not lit with failure. The wind is the wind. Nothing is born of this world, or any of the others, with the darkness of failure. All seems to be born with the light of potential. I am quite sure that the wind is completely successful in its gusting. I am not sure, though, that you are seeing the potential in yourself in relation to this gorgeous blustery moment. This may be a moment where you could follow the way the wind takes you. Or maybe this is when you are to perch on my lamp post, for I created it, just for you, to rest, in the light of your heart..." The bluebird sat for a moment, hopped three times closer, graced his ruffled feathers and with a lightness of heart brushed my cheek with the softest wing and glided to a place of gentle reflection on the light... he looked once more in my direction with sweet eyes and followed the dear, sweet-scented breezes forever partnered with his joyous choice and potential...

17 comments:

Beth Niquette said...

What a lovely soft yet crisp story. I love stories--this one is beautiful.

Georgianna said...

Dear Amy, More and more inspired each day – your writings and your art! I'm so thrilled that you are traveling this path and spreading such joy and beauty. I cannot WAIT for these to be in a gorgeous book! Have a sparkling day with wind in your hair. x- g

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

Thank-you dear Beth! I love a story on a rainy day. Blessings.
I appreciate those words so, dear Georgianna... I can't wait either! EEEK! Blessings and thanks friend.

Zuzu said...

Such a joyous, enlightening post! Thank you for visiting me, and know that I look forward to popping by often!
Isn't it fun that I just discovered Georgianna's work last week, and now yours (via Karen Valentine's 'Where Bloggers Create II' blogroll), and you know one another?
:)
Zuzu

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

Love that so dear! Welcome! Blessings.

Abi said...

Beautiful words, beautiful art :O)

Diane said...

This beautiful story makes the art that much better--well done!

Terri Kahrs said...

Your light-filled words blew a soft breeze of hope into my day - just when I needed a reminder about the hope inside the winds of change! Thank you, Dearest Amy! Blessings & Hugs, Terri xoxoxo

Kiki said...

Super gorgeous art..and beautifully inspiring words Amy!!..what a gorgeous story of wisdom and light! powerful!
kiki~

Faerie Moon Creations said...

This was the most amazingly beautiful story I've read in some time. This IS truly a faerytale space. :) Thank you so very much! It warmed my heart...Theresa

Abi said...

This definately is a wondrous faerytale space! thank you for your lovely comments. I appreciate it :O)

Lori Saul said...

Soft, delicate and full of beautiful movement in art and word!

BALLET NEWS said...

Beautiful from start to finish !

Becky Shander said...

Sometimes I opt to just go with the wind rather than trying to fight against it. Who knows...perhaps the wind will carry one to places we've never imagined possible.

Terri said...

Your fairytale creative space is magical, your story, mesmerising!
Thank you for lighting us up today.
Hugs,
Terri

Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

What a wonderful creative space!

lin said...

性愛自拍,美女寫真,亂倫,戀愛ING,免費視訊聊天,視訊聊天,成人短片,美女交友,美女遊戲,18禁,三級片,自拍,後宮電影院,85cc,免費影片,線上遊戲,色情遊戲,日本a片,美女,成人圖片區,avdvd,色情遊戲,情色貼圖,女優,偷拍,情色視訊,愛情小說,85cc成人片,成人貼圖站,成人論壇,080聊天室,080苗栗人聊天室,免費a片,視訊美女,視訊做愛,免費視訊,伊莉討論區,sogo論壇,台灣論壇,plus論壇,維克斯論壇,情色論壇,性感影片,走光,色遊戲,情色自拍,kk俱樂部,好玩遊戲,免費遊戲,貼圖區,好玩遊戲區,中部人聊天室,情色視訊聊天室,聊天室ut,成人遊戲,免費成人影片,成人光碟,ut聊天室