Thursday, June 10, 2010

June is when I read my Yeats and so I am going to Innisfree...


I may pop in to dance a bit and smile with glee on Sunday, if my art and quote are featured by dear, dear, Jo Packham this week as Inspirational Quote of the week, for I have great joy just thinking about such a wondrous thing as that. Thank-you sweet Jo. I will otherwise be dreaming of a small cabin in a mound on a green darling island in Ireland... children on my lap, breezes in my hair, watching the lilies open and picking the strawberries. See you next week dears. You are in my thoughts. A Faery Song is calling me...

A Faery Song is calling me to

"The Lake of Innisfree"

I will arise and go now, and go to Innisfree,

And a small cabin build there, of clay and wattles made: Nine bean-rows will I have there, a hive for the honey-bee, and live alone in the bee-loud glade.

And I shall have some peace there, for peace comes dropping slow, Dropping from the veils of the morning to where the cricket sings;

There midnight's all a glimmer, and noon a purple glow, And evening full of the linnet's wings.

I will arise and go now, for always night and day I hear lake water lapping with low sounds by the shore; While I stand on the roadway, or on the pavements grey,

I hear it in the deep heart's core."
Pick-up Yeat's Collected Poems from your library or favorite old bookstore and join me there friends this week. Blessings, Amy

11 comments:

Kiki said...

Such enchantment and spirit..blessings Amy..!Wonderful!!
Kiki~

Sheila said...

So lovely; I adore poetry, but certainly don't make enough time to truly enjoy it. You inspire me :-) Have a beautiful weekend...Sheila

Faerie Moon Creations said...

I adore Yeats as well. Looking forward to your next beautiful post - and I hope that your art and quote will soon be featured (fingers crossed here). :) Theresa

stregata said...

May there always be rose petals under your feet as you wander...

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Oh you have whet my whistle! However, I am taking Victor Hugo with me on the plane when I leave on June 19 to see friends and family in California! BUT UPON RETURN, I will invite Mr. Keats to a private tea party in my garden and spend my summer mornings musing on all things lovely, thinking of you dearest, on the other side of the St. Croix.....Anita

Terri Kahrs said...

I'll keep my fingers and toes crossed for Sunday publication, Sweet Amy! Have a wonderful weekend! Hugs & Blessings, Terri xoxo

sPaRkLiNg sCrApBoOkS said...

I will be wishing that for you too Amy! If anyone can inspire, it's you my dear!!
blessings to you, lots! xxoo deb

Bella said...

I love stopping by here - you always inspire me and enchant me with the beauty you post. :)

Zuzu said...

I just discovered your blog - I'm delighted!
Loved this post & look forward to spending time viewing more of your blog, and popping by to say 'hello' from time to time.
Zuzu

Georgianna said...

A perfectly wondrous post, dear Amy!!!! Perfect image with the perfect poem for the eve of summer. This new painting is sublime!! I adore this series so very much. I hope you had a magical weekend. xo – g

Can You Believe It? said...

You are my inspiration! Graditude can not begin to express my feelings to you on this wonderous day! Peace and joy!