Monday, May 3, 2010

"There are many things in life that will catch your eye, but only a few will catch your heart... pursue those." ~ Michael Nolan


"Follow your heart, but be quiet for awhile first. Ask questions, then feel the answer. Learn to trust your heart." ~ author unknown

"You change your life by changing your heart." ~ author unknown "Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all."
~Aristotle
I have had a change of heart.
Until even last night, I had lingering thoughts that though one can have many interests, you can only walk on one path at a time when you are pursuing your dreams, your castle in the clouds.
I have had a change of heart.
I have begun to see that maybe my path looks more like a stem, a string of hearts. My path, as I walk, is under my faery footsteps. I am lighter than air and with each step, my path of the heart is there with ornaments of my dreams and experiences. I walk with a light step, but loving each touch, each place I set my foot. What if in my faerytale, in this story I only can tell, what if it is that all the hearts on the string are what make my path? I see the formed hearts, the spent hearts, the new and the barely visible as the ornament of my path and I rejoice at how comforting and clear it all becomes. I love that I can pursue my writing. I can pursue my teaching. I can pursue my art endeavors. I love that my family and my soul center is the green, verdant stem from which all these loves and talents grow. I see it so clearly now. I am the Faery Queene and with every step, flowers are left in my path.
P.S.~ I use a pink Kodak Easyshare C513 and natural light, eastern morning sun, to be precise, hee hee for all my photos for the sweet and curious of you who wondered. Glad you enjoy my vision. Thanks.

18 comments:

Kiki said...

How Inspiring..and gorgeous..your words and insights are beaming with such beauty and wisdom! Beautiful photos!! I totally agree..I love you see it as a stem!Wow.. Awesome! I also feel a path embodies a multidimensional heart..carrying many gifts at once...divinely all along the way...all you have to do is fully be you and set yourself free to be fully that....and it all flows in harmony..carrying into it's current whatever is most divine for that special space..and the spaces ahead! The way I see it..your stem or my heart already knows the way..I let it guide and lead..and ignite with life! you are such a wonderful inspiring spark..this post was awesome!( they all are) Thanks for sharing your wisdom with us all.
Have a gorgeous day!
Kiki~

Terri said...

Thank you for sharing your very heartfelt thoughts on your path. You are very inspiring. Your analogy with the hearts on the stem is perfect. I hear you.
One of my favorite book titles is "Joy is my Compass" and I love using that for myself. I don't always know my path, but joy leads me in it's direction, and as I step out in faith, the next part of my path appears. Like magic!
Thank you for all the kind and supportive comments you leave on my blog. I really appreciate you.
Hugs,
Terri

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

Gorgeously said dear Kiki! I love that so. Blessings.

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

Thanks Terri for the book title! Love to know fave books. Live to read and dream, that is me. Terri, you are such a spirit of kindness for your words and all you create. I can never get over the beauty you create with all your art. You can make joy on the spot. As soon as I enter your world. Thanks for that and all the love you send. Blessings friend.

Terri Kahrs said...

Your heartfelt words and beautiful pictures are so thought provoking today, Amy! Your analogy of a sting of hearts is so beautiful. One love and interest intermingling and dancing next to another on the string of life. I've always loved bleeding hearts, and now whenever I see one, I'll think of you! Blessings & Love, Terri xoxo

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

Goodness Terri K. that gives me soaring joy to know that you will love that metaphor always. I am walking in the joy, as well. Thanks dear friend and amazing artist of life. Blessings.

stregata said...

Amy, methinks the flowers are your footprints....

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

Renate, methinks you are the sweetest! Blessings to you darling!

Silke said...

Oh, Amy, how inspiring, both your words and your heart photos! You are all heart and I know that even though you have many items of interest, you only have one path of love. And on that path everything is connected! You are such an inspiration to me!! Sending much love, my dear friend!! Silke

P.S. I love my faery picture on your blog...

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

THIS IS BEAUTIFUL. Oh to change the heart...do you know that this is the theme in my fourth grade class this year? I hope that my students, as they grow up and go through all the stuff young people must go through, that they will remember the beauty of the moments that we have had searching our hearts. LOVELY as always dear angel. Anita

Queen of Dreamsz said...

I love the quotes and the photos are grand. ♥

Have a wonderful day...

Hugs,
Stephanie

Sheila said...

Oohhh, I love this post...so touching, insightful and inspirational. And I love that you are embracing all the many different ornaments/gifts in your life. I agree; family is always at the core. You are a beautiful spirit and I'm blessed to have met you in this special place.

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

I thank-you Silke! Thanks for always having wings! Blessings.

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

What a great theme for little ones! I bet you make their year!! Blessings friend.

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

I am grateful Stephanie! I appreciate your words. Blessings.

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

Yes, family makes it all possible. I am glad to know your world, as well and I send blessings and wishes.

Jessie said...

You leave a trail of flowers with every footstep and a trail of inspiration - Thankyou! :)xx

Lisa Kaus said...

Beautiful post and photograph!