Monday, May 10, 2010

"The Sands of gold sprinkled and sparkled like the effect of his kiss..." ~Amy Sperry Faldet


The sun came out yesterday. The rain had parted its veil and let the sparkle through. I spent such a joyous morning, exhausted from my sick little darling's tears all night with roses laid on my sleepy comforter from my husband and sweet, warm coffee steaming . Sands of sleep, no longer sting with the grit of worry. What is it about tears? When they come streaming from your three year old's beautiful blue eyes the tears create oceans of emotions in my heart. When the storm is over and he lays in your arms, tired, small and sweet it is as if it is a gift from the sea. The cool May breeze, the warmth of a morning sun, my morning son, warming all the world, refreshing my spirit is there in his sky blue smile. I find it a glorious mystery how as his lashes, so long and dark, part for a moment and speak love, my shoulders relax and the sting of fatigue eases. I love Motherhood. It is my ocean.
"The cure for anything is saltwater; sweat, tears or the sea." ~Isak Dinesen
Altered art by Amy Sperry Faldet Vintage image by Warwick Goble

14 comments:

Silke said...

Oh, Amy, so beautifully written! I can just imagine the kind of loving mother you are to your babies. Is your little one better today?! Sending all my love! Silke

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

He is better. Still sleeping in his little bed which is good catch up for his little head. He is so precious. Thanks Silke for the compliment friend and the love sent. Blessings.

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Oh how I just love this quote, and your altered art, Amy, is always fresh and inspiring, like the lovely colors that you use so skillfully! LET US MARCH ON to find and GIVE AWAY the inspiration!

Bisous my angel, Anita

Terri Kahrs said...

Amy, you've just described a Mother's concern and worry to a "T". I'm hoping your little one is resting comfortably and that you are too. Blessings and Hugs, Terri xoxo

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

Thanks Anita dear! The words just seem to come together from my clippings of my book I use to find typed words for altering. Take care dear. Blessings

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

We are cozy on the couch watching Dora and Boots. He is much better, but so tired and stuffy. He had tummy troubles probably from all the nose stuff going down the wrong way or maybe it is just the nature of this flu bug. I am so grateful for your well-wishing. It warms the heart. Thanks Terri. Blessings and love, Amy

ShabbyChicShaz said...

you really do have the most beautiful way with words :)

Georgianna said...

Oh, dear, Amy, how beautifully you have captured all the feelings, especially joy, of your life and loves. The small details and the big emotions of child and motherhood. I can imagine it all, and what a graceful, healing presence you are to your family. And your new art is a dream – with beautiful Amy Blue, I hope he is better and that you have a bright and shining day. love and hugs, – g

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

Thanks dear! I appreciate it! Blessings.

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

Georgianna, thanks he just got sick to his tummy again, but, we are hanging in there. Thanks so much for the kind words and compliments. Blessings and light, Amy

Beth Niquette said...

Ah, I hope he is better soon. Such a lovely way of writing you have.

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

Thanks dear Beth. Blessings to you.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

This is my first time to your blog, Amy, and I feel like I stepped into a fairy dust land of magic words and wisdom. I have never been a mother (and NO, Bleubeard doesn't count), but I was so touched and moved by the words and concern you had about your son. I even felt myself tensing, then relaxing as you finished your tale. How powerfully your words described the day. It was wonderful meeting you today.

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

I so appreciate your words dear. I loved finding your blog, as well and I take it as a huge compliment, your comment. Thanks ever so much. Blessings.