Thursday, May 27, 2010

I am cherishing this day in my memory...


I was honored to lead two second grade classes again in a lesson in volunteering. I have volunteered in my hometown's park for 19 years and rejoice everytime I plant the round, stone, bed.




As I waited for the darlings, second graders all, I found four-leaf clovers where I have found them all my life. This park is a lovely place, full of wonder and sweetness. I teach them when they arrive to sit on the dappled hill and look at the green beauty around them and feel the sacredness of being caretakers of this world and this park that is set aside because our ancestors knew it was important for the soul.


Every flower you plant is a gesture of hope, an affirmation from the heart.
As they wait their turns, they find four-leaf clovers and marvel that they were there, all they had to do is be still, quiet the mind, and look. Luck is always there with persistence and vigilance and belief.



Our future is bright... with little ones who care.


Hello to Julianna with flowers in her hair! Blessings and light little one!


14 comments:

sPaRkLiNg sCrApBoOkS said...

That is so awesome! And of course you found those 4 leaf clovers, they are as magical as you are~ What a lucky bunch of kids to have you as their guide! Have a beautiful night...xoxo

Bella said...

How fabulous! Teaching the next generation to respect and enjoy the beauty of the natural world is a wonderful gift to the universe. Carry on, dear lady... :)

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

AMY DEAREST! You are so beautiful and your love for life and nature is sure to win your students' hearts. What a blessing to give such beauty in teaching. BRAVO! May the seeds that you plant, whether in the ground or in the garden of a child's heart, yield much peace for this torn world.

Bisous, Anita

Diane said...

What a great post--it put a smile on my face--thank you!

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Good morning dearest Amy! THANK YOU for permitting me to link my readers to your magical world that I love so! Carry on the blessing of planting love in your world! Anita

Terri Kahrs said...

How lucky those little ones are have you in their lives to show them beauty and give hem guidance! What a wonderful, magical day for everyone! Blessings, Dear Amy! Hugs, Terri xoxo

Faerie Moon Creations said...

I am back! What lucky children to have you lead them on such a fabulous trip! I am sure they learned so very much from you about generosity and reverence for nature!

Tammie Lee said...

such a lovely post. I am happy for you, I feel thankful that you introduce nature like this to our little ones.

Kiki said...

Beautiful post! Super wonderful..and so inspiring for the children..yay! You are fabulous!Blessings
Kiki

Jessie said...

That's amazing to find four leaf clovers! I've only ever seen 2 in my life and most people I've spoken to have never seen any! Well done with the work you're doing, it's wonderful.xx

A Cottage Muse said...

Thank you so much for stopping by today! Your post is wonderful as is your blog! So happy I stopped by and looking forward to catching up!

Georgianna said...

So many special things to love about this, Amy! The volunteering, teaching the children to care for nature, the four leaf clovers (oh, my!!!) and the beautiful photo of you. Just lovely treats galore! I'm sure the kids, as well as you, will always remember this magical day. xo – g

whymsicalmusings said...

What an absolutely wonderful post! I just love that you are spending time with such precious angels teaching them to respect and care for others and the earth.

Thank you for stopping by and thank you so much for your oder. Sending you a HUG!
XXX

rena said...

amy, you are such a blessing to this world, and i am so fortunate to know you, i am speechless after i read your beautiful words. you are so loved. hugs....