Monday, April 12, 2010

A Princess locked in a tower....

Once upon a time a magic portal opened for a woman, an artist, a writer. It came in the form of a magical web, a glittering place of connections, knowledge, joy, learning. Its name, the portal of which I speak is called the Internet and the key to this portal has been open for me for three glorious years. I have made the places I visit there part of me. I have made my own place full of light, hope, kindness, art, and friends. It is called Such a Wondrous Place This Faerytale Space because it is just that for me. It is as if a part of my heart opened up for me to see and it asked to be shared with the world. It is one of my favorite canvases. It is part of me. Can you feel empty without your canvas? I am full of hope. My "isolation" is lessening as I find ways to traverse the chasm that has come from my broken portal... After losing my computer and printer this week, some things have come into sharp focus. Some questions, actually. Some answers, actually.
The questions are these...
Where does art begin? How is it that this "canvas" I call blogging has emerged into such a vast, sumptuous, marvelous thing? It is part of the shimmer of me. It just happened.

In the scheme of the glorious, grand faerytale one would not think that losing the computer should equate with tragedies. It doesn't on the life and death, battle the dragon and lose level. It is not climbing the Mountain of Doom with the token of evil in your palm in order to save the innocence of the world and wondering if you will survive. No. It doesn't on the princess trapped forever in the tower level. Or well, maybe that last one could. Here is where I will tell you why, how.
After a crack of fire hit our home, we were safe. No outside damage. Just strange silence coming from a dark screen. Writings were backed up thank goodness, photos are retrievable, most likely, from my "passport" saving. But the motherboard it has been determined is completely gone. I am not sure about the vast archives of vintage images, pictures from friends, etc. until I can get what might be left of my hard drive onto a new computer. We shall see. We shall see.
I write from the library now and I do not take it for granted that I can reach you all from the beauty of this edifice. I am grateful for much.

So, here is where the Princess in the Tower emerges. It is an empty place. I try to explain this to dear friends and family, some who understand, some who kindly can't when celebrating my birthday this weekend and today. So, it made me wonder. If my canvases or drawings were lost, irretrievable would that come across as a loss, as a reason for feeling an emptiness. These art forms are part of me, these physical art forms are something I work on daily.



I do the same thing here.



It feels empty to not wake and start the day at my computer, in the hush before eight children's feet come padding my way for hugs and juice. It is my artistic muse to think about what I want to express to you, to myself, today, everyday. It is my artistic muse to visit the glimmering, stunning spirits here that fill up the little parts of the creative heart of this Mom, teacher, friend, writer and artist.



I know this is part of who I have become. I am a light-bringer and the computer is my chariot. I bring you lightness, sweetness when you feel your screen has gone dark and you do the same for me. It is brilliant magic. Magic in the highest degree. I celebrate it. I am understood by all of you. I know this. I know.



So, we will save for a new tower. I will post until then from this blessed library kingdom. Thanks for all the gladness at our home and family being safe. This is a gift to be sure.

14 comments:

Georgianna said...

Oh, dear Amy, I suddenly knew I had to run to the computer and that there would be contact from you at last. I won't take too much time but know your words are true, and Happy, Happy Birthday, dear friend. I am crushed to have missed it but will make up for it. Love and hugs and so happy you are all safe. – g

Terri Kahrs said...

Happy, Happy Birthday dear Amy! But instead of US giving you a fabulous gift, you've given us the gift of a new post filled with light and friendship and thought-provoking images. May your Birthday be filled with joy and magic! Blessings & Hugs, Terri xoxo

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

AMY!!! Oh, you are an artist anywhere, anytime! But I know what you mean; I don't know what I would do if I was disconnected from all of you! You all are such inspirations, being away from you all would hurt! Welcome back dear princess!!! Anita

Terri said...

Happy Birthday Amy! So glad you can connect through the Library Kingdom!

Thank you for your thought provoking post. Good questions.
Hugs,
Terri

Châtelaine - The Garden Fairy said...

Amy I so much hope that you will be able to retrieve all of your cherished pictures from the HD ! Thank you for your latest picture of the lime green glass object - it reminded me extremely of the macro photo I made lately from a budding Bellis' flower. If you like you can see it on my blog. For me - a stunning resemblence somehow.
All the best - Martina

Eden Clare O'Meara said...

oh my, your blog, your imagery...be still my breathless heart...visiting this Faerytale Space, discovery this Faerytale Space...has been my greatest treasure today in this very big blogging world and so I can visit I have linked you to my blog, I hope you do not mind. Such loveliness to behold...have a beautiful birthday!

Blessings...Eden

Kiki said...

Hi Amy..my thoughts are with you!I hope you are free from the tower soon..I miss your blog and look forwrad to your Return!! Blessings and Light..and magic always!!
Kiki~

Eden Clare O'Meara said...

...i just read all about you losing your computer....i know i would feel very much the same as you...i love my connection to the world via this "chariot" as you call it...indeed you bring light to our world...and artist need this...we really do. I am in love with this Wondrous Place, this Faerytale Space! Blessings Eden

Beth Niquette said...

I can totally relate. And these pictures are stunning--they fill my eyes and I adore the colors and textures found here.

WOW!

And Happy Birthday Amy!

stregata said...

Happy Birthday - much light and love to you, fairest princess in the tower!
I do so know what you mean! My motherboard died the end of November and there wasn't even lightning involved. Made me feel kind of lost, being so dependant on my computer and the internet.
But like all fair princesses - you will overcome this obstacle. Do not despair!

Faerie Moon Creations said...

Hurray for the library - a knight in shining armor! For there was always a knight to rescue the princess locked in the tower. We thank the knight for allowing the princess to spread light and merriment to us all. :) Theresa

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Oh, so nice to see you my faery!!! What a nightmare to loose these precious memories...OH! IT IS YOUR BIRTHDAY TOO? Mine is the 23!!!! Peace to you....Anita

Becky Shander said...

What a beautiful post full of honesty and heart.

lin said...

AV,無碼,a片免費看,自拍貼圖,伊莉,微風論壇,成人聊天室,成人電影,成人文學,成人貼圖區,成人網站,一葉情貼圖片區,色情漫畫,言情小說,情色論壇,臺灣情色網,色情影片,色情,成人影城,080視訊聊天室,a片,A漫,h漫,麗的色遊戲,同志色教館,AV女優,SEX,咆哮小老鼠,85cc免費影片,正妹牆,ut聊天室,豆豆聊天室,聊天室,情色小說,aio,成人,微風成人,做愛,成人貼圖,18成人,嘟嘟成人網,aio交友愛情館,情色文學,色情小說,色情網站,情色,A片下載,嘟嘟情人色網,成人影片,成人圖片,成人文章,成人小說,成人漫畫,視訊聊天室,性愛,ut聊天室,情色遊戲,情色a片,情色網