Friday, April 2, 2010

"Everytime you smile at someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing." ~ Mother Theresa


Seven things you may not know about me:

1. My favorite pie is lime chiffon.

2. I adore raspberry sherbet.

3. Waterlilies should be in every garden, I believe, yet, I don't have any, yet.

4. Summer must have cotton candy in there somewhere.

5. I find four-leaf clovers often and have all my life.

6. I can cook beautifully for friends, but, mess-up all the time in everyday cooking.

7. I have absurd preferences on art pencil selection (HB, 2B, H) depending on what the subject will be that I am about to draw.

Bonus information that you may not know about me! I love to watch and hear people type.

Links as a gift to you, all my readers, to try someplace new.














http://diterlizzi.com/blog


Bella at The Art of Living Beautifully has presented some lovely places with this blog award! I happen to be one of them! So, rather than choose seven favorite blogs, or try to show you say, seven new blogs I have happened upon or another lovely option, I thought to myself, what if I just gave you all a treat!!! I am showing you a diverse group of artists for your gift. They really have exquisite thought provoking art and personalities, not all bloggers, but they share this magical place within the "computer sharing" realm.


Thank-you, thank-you, thank-you Bella for putting my blog as a haven for you to visit. It gives me great joy to know this. I celebrate you with this gorgeous Sulamith Wulfing painting for the angel seems to be giving her something, if not just an embrace. You are an angel for sharing your kindness with me.


19 comments:

stregata said...

I love that No. 1 + 2 are your favorite colours also.
Have a wonderful day!

Bella said...

I just adore your list! And the painting is beautiful - such a lovely sentiment. Thank you so much for your kind words. And I love that you decided to share some artists we could discover - what a fabulous idea! Hope you have a wonderful weekend.

Bella said...

P.S. I love that you shared a Sulamith Wulfing painting - I first learned of her work in a Stevie Nicks interview, oddly enough. :) Her work is so ethereal, which is how I think of your blog.

Duchess of Tea said...

Darling popped in to wish you and your family a joyous and blessed Easter.

Love & Hugs
Duchess

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Good morning Amy dear,

I see you love the lighter delights such as lemon chiffon and raspberry; so do I! I just remember the mild flavor of my mother's lemon curd made from our own lemon tree and to this day, I enjoy my raspberries in all forms. Light and lovely, fresh and simple, the hues of nature and the purity of love and friendship will always be pleasing to my palate and be a part of my artist's color palate. You are an inspiration! Anita

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

That is so true and funny, Renate! Have a wonderful day, as well! Thanks and blessings.

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

Bella thanks for the award!!!! I hope this was a fun time for you also! Blessings.

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

Happy Easter dear! Get better. Blessings.

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

That was poetry dear Anita! Great comment. Thanks and blessings and wishes.

Kiki said...

Beautiful quote and post..and such a sweet lits about you..magical! Lovely blog list..yay..it is always an adventure to explore lovely new blogs..yay! Have a happy day!
Kiki~

Terri Kahrs said...

Your post today is full of treats and surprises! How nice to learn more about you, Amy, and the list of new blogs is a special treat indeed. I haven't forgotten about the questions you left in your comment. Will answer them later today. I'm wishing you and yours a wonderful Easter! Hugs, Terri xoxo

Catharina Maria said...

Wish you a happy Pink Easter weekend !
♥♥ Rini the Netherlands

Lori Saul said...

Beautiful art and how lovely to learn more about you. Inspirational and uplifting post. May your Easter be enchanted!

Faerie Moon Creations said...

That quote is so true - a smile IS a gift, one to be shared with others. This post made me smile...I loved your list and the beautiful painting and the links. Thank you so very much. :) Enjoy the rest of this beautiful weekend. Theresa

Melissa said...

Happy Easter Sweet Amy!
I too am very picky, but not about my pencils but rather pens to write with!
Smiles-
Melissa

CARMELINA LOUNSBURY said...

I too have drawing pencil prefrences! B 2B 3B....2H

it's an art thing!

also, I did not make those imagine and serenity rocks....I bought them at the grocery store a few days ago...they were cheap and they spoke to me! well, not litterally, but you know what I mean!!! lol

ciao bella
thanks for coming by!
carmelina

Silke said...

I had to laugh at your pencil preferences, dear Amy - they remind me of taking geometry in high school, a subject I loved! Wonderful list of things to find out about you!! And a wonderful list of new beauty to check out. I'll have to do that when I have quiet moment. You are a shining star!! Much love, Silke

Sheila said...

Thank you for sharing these lovely places! And what a great list. I always love knowing these little tidbits about others; across the distance, it helps to fill the gaps. AND I too find 4 leaf clovers often :-) It makes me so happy to discover one hidden among the "usual" clover. You/your blog are like a 4 leaf clover to me! Have a wonderful day...Sheila

Abi said...

Hi, thank you for visiting my blog = sorry for the long delay - I have been visiting family in England. You are very welcome to blog about my dolls - what an honour - thank you.
Lovely blog you have, and nice to 'meet' you! :O)