Thursday, March 4, 2010

White Queen leave your white island...


"Dark liquid girl, staining,

You try to obliviate your dark corners

As you seek refuge in your delicate white cup.

Surrounding yourself with blinding light,

How can you know wrong from right?

Enjoy the balance that is in us all

For as the Japanese say,

'If a woman has no tea in her, she is incapable of understanding truth and beauty.'

and without the light and the dark, you will fall."

Poem by Amy Sperry Faldet For the White Queen from Alice...

"The White Island"


by


Robert Herrick


"In this world, the Isle of Dreams,


While we sit by sorrow's streams,


Tears and terrors are our themes,


Reciting:


But when once from hence we fly,


More and more approaching nigh


Unto young eternity,


Uniting----


In that whiter Island, where


Things are evermore sincere;


Candour here, and lustre there,


Delighting:----


There no monstrous fancies shall


Out of hell an horror call


To create, or cause at all


Affrighting:


There, in calm and cooling sleep,


We our eyes shall never steep,


But eternal watch shall keep,


Attending


Pleasures such as shall pursue


Me immortalized, and you;


And fresh joys, as never too


Have ending."

19 comments:

Kiki said...

Amazing! Such beauty!
Wonderful writing! What a gorgeous post..my day feels sparked now! Thankyou!
Kiki~

Silke said...

Oh, this is beautiful, Amy! I see you are really excited about the Alice in Wonderland movie coming out! I remember that as a girl, I had an audio version of Alice in Wonderland, which scared me so badly. First, when she falls through the hole and then the Queen of Hearts. The movie looks like it will be a feast for the eyes and the imagination!

How are you doing, dearest Amy? Are you all well?! And your little ones, too?

Love, Silke

Terri Kahrs said...

Amy, you've started my day with joy and light! Your words are so very special. Only a few more hours now . . . . I can't wait to see you in Wonderland! Hugs & Blessings, Terri xoxo

Chasing the Moon said...

Ooh...I just love this. Amy, you are so captivating and magical. Thank you for always bringing me sunshine and inspiration.

Have a lovely day! ~Jamie

CARMELINA LOUNSBURY said...

i agree with 'chasing the moon's comment! very nice indeed...

stregata said...

So beautiful! And I love the Japanese saying!!!

Beth Niquette said...

Such a wonderful post. I thoroughly enjoyed every word.

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

How did I miss the previous post!!! And your poem dearest, what a joy! How I love what you produce my dear....

Sheila said...

LOVE it! Love all of it. Makes me feel young again :-) and that's a huge accomplishment...have a lovely Friday.

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

Kiki dear, thanks! I love sparking the day! blessings.

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

Yes, I know. Alice is about the scary, "Who am I?" I can see why it is so frustrating for so many. Thanks dear friend. Blessings.

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

You are a light Terri! Thanks for shining here. Blessings.

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

Happy you came Jamie dear! Thanks for the compliments. Blessings and light, Amy

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

Thanks dear Carmelina! Spreading the light as do you. Blessings.

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

What a find was that, Renate. Of course the saying says "man" so I changed that and added into the poem. Glad you liked it. Blessings and wishes to a creative spirit.

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

Beth that gives me joy. I am so glad. Blessings and faerydust to you.

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

Anita, I am a fan of all you do also. Blessings friend and happy weekend.

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

Youth is in the mind, until it kicks us in the behind, hee hee. I get you. Blessings and thanks dear one.

Georgianna said...

More waving of your magic wand, Amy, and creating your own land of enchantment for us to share. What a beautiful poem you've penned. Thank you for these delights! xo Georgianna