Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Once upon a time there was a land of wonder... let us take a look this week...


I know a little garden-close

Set thick with lily and red rose,

Where I would wander if I might

From dewy dawn to dewy night,

And have one with me wandering.

And though within it no birds sing,

And though no pillared house is there,

And though the apple boughs are bare

Of fruit and blossom, would to God,

Her feet upon the green grass trod,

And I beheld them as before.

There comes a murmur from the shore,

And in the close two fair streams are,

Drawn from the purple hills afar,

Drawn down unto the restless sea;

Dark hills whose heath-bloom feeds no bee,

Dark shores no ship has ever seen,

Tormented by the billows green

Whose murmur comes unceasingly

Unto the place for which I cry.

For which I cry both day and night,

For which I let slip all delight,

Whereby I grow both deaf and blind,

Careless to win, unskilled to find,

And quick to lose what all men seek.

Yet tottering as Iam, and weak,

Still have I left a little breath

To seek within the jaws of death

An entrance to that happy place,

To seek the unforgotten face,

Once seen, once kissed, once reft from me

Anight the murmuring of the sea.

~William Morris

I look forward to Tim Burton's "Alice" movie coming up! This week I will visit some of the characters and include some of my favorite poetry to accompany them. Hope you enjoy...

Blessings and such light,

Amy

12 comments:

sPaRkLiNg sCrApBoOkS said...

Be still my heart......what a beautiful post!Can't wait to see more from you this week!

And I can't WAIT for this movie!!!!!
lots of love & light
your way.........xOxO deb

stregata said...

This sounds like it will be fun. I can hardly wait for the movie to come out. Wishing you a wonderful day!

LuLu Kellogg said...

I can't wait to see more! I am really looking forward to this movie...I can barely contain myself!!

LuLu♥

CARMELINA LOUNSBURY said...

yes, post more like this...it was great!!!!

ciao

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

Thanks all!!! I love a bit of poetry, a bit of imaginative comparison to liven up our thoughts on "Allison."

Lori Saul said...

Alice is popping up all over - beautiful fantasy piece. We all need enchantment these days!

Kiki said...

Super beautiful..I can feel the enchantment and magic all around..sooo lovely!
Kiki~

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Oh Amy,

I am looking forward to this magical debut as well! Your magic rubs off on us, AMy, thank you for taking me away from the stress of life!!!

Bisous my dear, Anita

Sheila said...

Really lovely and nice little escape from the stress of the day. I look forward to your unique and enchanting posts! I have your little trinket ready to go, just have to get to the post office :-) All the best! Sheila

Terri Kahrs said...

Your beautiful post is a lovely way to end my day! Oh, Amy, I'm waiting for Alice the way I look forward to Christmas! Hugs & Blessings, Terri xoxo

Georgianna said...

There you go, getting us all tingly with anticipation! What a magical treat we are all in for, with your week of celebration. You know, I so love William Morris on so many levels. I have a lovely reproduction of a hand illuminated book of poetry he made for Georgiana Burne-Jones, wife of Edward, Morris' closest friend and creative partner (and my favorite painter). And I read a wonderful book recently called "The Gardens of William Morris" you might really enjoy. Thank you for the first steps down the rabbit hole, dear Amy! xoxo – g

lin said...

AV,無碼,a片免費看,自拍貼圖,伊莉,微風論壇,成人聊天室,成人電影,成人文學,成人貼圖區,成人網站,一葉情貼圖片區,色情漫畫,言情小說,情色論壇,臺灣情色網,色情影片,色情,成人影城,080視訊聊天室,a片,A漫,h漫,麗的色遊戲,同志色教館,AV女優,SEX,咆哮小老鼠,85cc免費影片,正妹牆,ut聊天室,豆豆聊天室,聊天室,情色小說,aio,成人,微風成人,做愛,成人貼圖,18成人,嘟嘟成人網,aio交友愛情館,情色文學,色情小說,色情網站,情色,A片下載,嘟嘟情人色網,成人影片,成人圖片,成人文章,成人小說,成人漫畫,視訊聊天室,性愛,ut聊天室,情色遊戲,情色a片,情色網