Friday, March 12, 2010

The magic of an image, the magic of an imagination...



I still have the image in my mind of the first time my friend, Molly, called out a sweet "hello!" to me as we walked our children, going separate ways. The magic of that image stays with me because though our first greeting was just that brief so many years ago, and we went on with our walks, our paths converged as a result and we have been forging our friendship path ever since. I am grateful to her for the friendship she has shown me, above and beyond is the magic of her imagination in how to be kind, comforting and true. She has brought many smiles, laughs and new people into my world and I celebrate that sisterhood.


I wish to celebrate the greening of the pastures, the refreshing of the mind, the friendship of my longtime friend, Molly, who will have a birthday soon, and the friend, Rena Askey I met through knowing dear Molly. Molly is my confidante, a sister from the Universe, and an ever-giving soul. She lives in my hometown and it is much more of a home for knowing her. She is a strong, sweet force in her dedication to volunteerism, children, and fostering friendships. I am glad to know her and she has brought nothing but kindness, joy, and new friends, like Rena, a kindred spirit that I have had the pleasure of collaborating my words with her heart-warming paintings for publication. We all share a great adoration for our Mothers, have that amazing bond that only comes with those who can have quick, kind, goofy, humorous, wits (and we can all keep up, hee hee,) and love being Mothers, as well. So, this is for you, Molly, thanks for enriching my world and I can't wait to celebrate you.



(Pictures~ Below:My collaboration with Rena Askey in Somerset Studio magazine in July of 2009, using my words to celebrate the sisters we know, meet, lean on, and who pick us up to celebrate another day. Above: a recent collaboration with my words and her gorgeous art to remind how giving creates receiving and to just believe that what blows our way can lead to a better day and the birth of new opportunities.)

10 comments:

Sheila said...

Such a wonderful thought for the day! Friends (genuine and true) must not be taken for granted. I, too, am blessed to be surrounded by beautiful, strong and creative friends. Have a wonderful day!!

Georgianna said...

Amy, you celebrate these precious relationships with such a deep appreciation, cherishing every detail. How I'd love to eavesdrop on your witty banter as I know it would be delightful, intelligent and full of bubbly mirth. And you remind us to savor and nourish all the friendships we encounter along the way. As always, you're a beautiful, inspiring light. xo – g

Terri Kahrs said...

Thank you for reminding us to celebrate and cultivate our friendships, Amy. This post is filled with the light of love and appreciation. Have a wonderful weekend! Hugs, Terri xoxo

Bella said...

What a lovely post. :)

Kiki said...

Hi Amy..what a super-beautiful post..such a warm-hearted-lovely read..and such a wonderful tribute to your special friend!

Yay...she sounds like a sparkling soul! Beautiful creative-talent you both combined! yay! Have a most magnificent day..thanks for generously sharing your magic with us always..!
Kiki~

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

I agree. It is part of the heart to know this truly and it sets that part aglow. Blessings Sheila! P.S. Glad to know your kindness and friendship!

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

You are a bubble of glee to me! Your art makes me happy and calm, your words are a balm. Blessings dear one.

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

You are a fabulous artist and friend! Glad to know you and thanks! Blessings and light.

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

Thanks dear Bella! Blessings.

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

Kiki! I am so lucky. Glad to have the old and so happy to find new ones here in Bloglandia! Blessings and wishes, Amy