Saturday, March 20, 2010

Defying the Fates?????? by Amy Sperry Faldet


"Is our story written by the Fates?

By someone? By us?

Before we are born?

Before we wake each morn?

By missing a bus or showing kindness to a person

or visiting a blog?

Do we attract experiences?

Are we meant to be? to do? to have? to lose?

I don't know...

Love it, actually, that I don't know...
for it is in the not knowing, I feel I grow."


In Simple Abundance by Sarah Ban Breathnach she wrote on July 20th, "True North." Here is some of what she wrote,

"I used to believe that happiness could only be found after arriving at my heart's destination. Explorers call it true north. For me, true north was enough success to ensure that there was plenty of money to control my own creative destiny, to allow me the luxury to pursue my passions. Now that I have spent far longer on the road from Here to There than I could have ever imagined twenty-five years ago when the adventure began, I have come to an awakening. I've always controlled my own creative destiny, though not always its course..."


I have been told, "Amy, you seem to float with aim." It seems that my heart stays so wide open that I let in and love whatever comes in and it opens doors. I have to agree. I have had some of the most exquisite moments and meetings with my heart wide open. At times, those around me just shake their heads at my "odds-defying" life. I don't think I defy the winds of fate as much as I embrace what comes my way. I just put everything I can into what is important to me, (my children's joy, spreading light and kindness, meeting and appreciating those who cross my path) and I see it as my life's work to write with my heart and to let that always be my "True North."
My world is not finished, polished, strings are left untied until later, but, I see it as a perfect work in progress. I can visualize what my heart's home looks like. I can see me in bliss even when it is hard because true north is where I am, where I have floated before and where I will go next.

I will tell stories of this miracle life through my drawings and positive affirmations everyday with every breath. So, I may not know where that will lead me, but, I have chosen it as my fate...

Where I am, when I am filled with love, is my home sweet home...
Drawing and poem above by Amy

22 comments:

Georgianna said...

Oh, dear Amy, I feel anything I might say to be inadequate a response to this magnificent declaration of you and your journey. That you do embrace and cherish what comes your way, willing to experience it all, while sprinkling it with your own magic, is one aspect that makes you shine so brightly. And how wonderful that through this medium we can all have this dialogue, and who knows, through these connections find answers previously hidden. I adore the poem and love the painting so much, and greatly value your words. A beautiful day to you and yours. xo – g

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

Dear friend, I truly know you do and I can say this because you completely do the same and it shows in your art and heart. Thanks thanks. Blessings.

apinkdreamer said...

fantastic words! you touched my heart...

Silke said...

Oh, dear Amy, you are such a teacher to me! Of being in the moment, of enjoying the journey fully!! You are a shining start!! Much love, Silke

P.S. Come visit my blog tomorrow...;)

Holly, the Old Western Gal said...

What a pretty little cottage you created!!! So leaf-green and springy!

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Dearest,
Your name was meant for you: AMY with aim! Your thoughts and creativity give the breath of fresh spring air to my heart this morning! BLESSINGS TO YOU AND YOUR HOUSEHOLD, Anita

Silke said...

I just read this again and I think that's how I live most of the time...embracing what comes my way, entering into the flow of my creations, my life. Not always with ease, but when I do it that's when I feel my most centered, strangely enough. I love your little painting for this post - especially since we planted a new bleeding heart and it's getting its first flowers!! Much love to you! Silke

Kiki said...

Beautiful painting( is that by you?)..and super lovely post! Amy you are always flowing out your radiant-magic-sparkles everywhere!Always a joy to visit. Have a Brilliant day!
Kiki~

Sheila said...

I LOVE Sarah's book; a dear friend gave it to me as a gift several years ago, and funny thing, as I was reading your post, I realized that this book was right beside me on the coffee table. I keep a few of my most special reads out so at any time I need quick inspiration, I can read a few encouraging words. Thank you, as always, for sharing such absolutely beautiful words, art and simply sharing of yourself. :-)

Faerie Moon Creations said...

Hello Amy! I found your beautiful blog through Silke, who I adore. What a gorgeous painting and poem. What inspiring words you've written here. I will most definitely be back - it is a pleasure to meet you! :) Theresa

icandy... said...

That drawing...*sigh*... I get lost in each and every thing that comes from your heart and hands. You are a beautiful soul.
Love you, sweet!
xoxoxo
Christina

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

Thanks dear! Have a beautiful week, hope this started out on the right page! Blessings.

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

I am sooo glad Silke that this gave you joy. I send you light! Blessings.

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

Thanks! And thanks for the beautiful angel with the eggs! Blessings.

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

It is with great appreciation that you are refreshed and say these kind words! Blessings dear.

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

Glad Silke it rang true. Blessings.

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

Hi Kiki! Yes, that is my painting. Thanks for the beautiful compliments! Blessings and light.

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

Yes, that pink book is always out at my house, as well. It is so sweet and wise. Glad you love it and know it and sooo glad you love it here. Blessings friend.

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

Thanks for visiting! Love that you came and like it! Blessings and welcome.

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

Hi Sweet Christina! I was just thinking of you! Hope you are well and thanks for saying that. My goal is to keep a light shining for all who need it. This is a place for peace, imagination, thought, and wonder. Blessings dear.

Princess Camille said...

Such a beautiful and inspirational post! I love your thoughts on journeys and creating our own destiny. I try to live this way myself, and I love seeing other wonderful people doing the same and inspiring me to continue on this path. Thank you for your beautiful blog and words. <3

sPaRkLiNg sCrApBoOkS said...

Oh Amy! You are a confirmation of everything positive! I just love stopping here and catching up on your beautiful posts. I always feel happy!
And I see a lot of my 'kindred' blogging friends here too- like attracts like, that's for sure!
Have a beautiful week my friend...xOxO deb