Wednesday, February 10, 2010

"Let your life lightly dance on the edges of Time like dew on the tip of a leaf.: ~Rabindranath Tagore

"To know that light falls and fills,
often without our knowing,
As an opaque vase fills to the brim from quick pouring, Fills and trembles at the edge
yet does not flow over, Still holding and feeding the stem of the contained flower." ~The Shape of Fire by Will Rogers
Once upon a time, a soft spoken lady of the gentle old way asked a flower if on its edges she could stay. The flower nodded in sweet solemnity, yet asked for her indemnity. "I am not so perfect upon close inspection," the flower unequivocally whispered, "and yet, that fact is my perfection. If you can walk out to the edge of my being and still roll back to the soft perfect heart of me, round, soft and embracing like a sunset at sea, you will know yourself and you will understand me." The soft spoken lady waited with her eyes cast upon the pink bloom then smiled, "It is your daring to show the edges of perceived imperfection that makes me swoon. I grant you light and my steps will be bright upon your silken petals."
A Faerytale poem for all of you with love from you know who...
Blessings.


18 comments:

icandy... said...

Love you, sweet Amy~
This is beautiful!!!
I hope that you are doing well and hang in there...Spring is right around the corner! I only wish that it would hurry up!!! :)
OXOX
Christina

Silke said...

Oh, how beautiful, dear Amy! You have such a way with words and photos!! Just lovely! Are you doing alright? And your family, too? Much love, Silke

Elise said...

completely adore this post Amy. thank you

Terri Kahrs said...

Ohhh, Amy! What a treat this post is! Your eloquent words and beautiful pictures have warmed the winter chill in my heart today! Thank you! Blessings & Hugs, Terri xoxo

Lori said...

what a sweet post!!! i love the pink gerbera daisy too, they are one of my favs!!!

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

My dearest faery friend,
Your friendship and wonderful comments are so lovely and sincere and have moved me deeply. We just love because, but you never know who might notice and articulate, as you have done on my comments page, an image of what one sees in us. All of us are the windows of love and the source from which it dances. Thank you for being a beacon!!!!! Bisous, Anita

sarahtay said...

the gerbera's really pretty, amy! and the colors blend really well. this is such a beautiful post. love the usage of words. you've got such creativity and talent at writing. hope you're doing just fine, love. x

~*~ saskia ~*~ said...

Those colors are sweet, so Sweet! Beautiful, i LOVE it. Puts me in a Spring mood ....

Happy thoughts!
Saskia

Georgianna said...

Oh, dear, Amy, this is pure heaven, the imagery, the quotations, your words. Coming here is always my extra special treat to be savored and cherished. Thank you for being here – your presence creates ripples of love and grace throughout the world. xo – g

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

Thanks Christina! I can't wait! Blessings and warmth to you.

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

I am well. Thanks. Sending you love. Blessings.

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

Love that Elise, keep dancing! Blessings.

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

You always warm up my day, as well, Terri! Thanks for that! I saw your gorgeous aubergine girl! Blessings friend!

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

I love them too! Love the bits of imperfection on the petals. David Austin pink roses are my fave, though. Blessings dear and light and thanks.

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

That was beautiful dear Anita. Thanks friend. Blessings and light, wishes so bright, Amy

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

Thanks, from a master like you that means much. Blessings dear one.

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

It is wonderful to know your place for fun and beauty, as well. Blessings dear.

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

Your comments are cherished sweet friend as is your art on my desk. Thanks. Blessings.