Tuesday, February 23, 2010

In this world without quiet corners, there can be no easy escapes...from hullabaloo, from terrible, unquiet fuss.." ~Salman Rushdie

The quiet corner comes from inside. There is "no quality more attractive than poise---that deep sense of being at ease with yourself and the world." ~Good Housekeeping Sept 1947
You must give yourself the joy you seek. It is only truly yours to give. You give it to others, yes, you give it. So, it is already there. Take some for yourself. Give to yourself an enchanted moment, an enchanted view, an enchanted spring. A well-spring of your inner joys is the truest refreshment... Here are some of my favorite descriptive escapes..."It was as though she could hardly stay inside herself, it was as though she were too small to hold so much of joy, it was as though she were washed through with light. And how astonishing to feel this sheer bliss, for here she was, not doing and not going to do a single unselfish thing, not going to do a thing she didn't want to do...
She stared. Such beauty; and she there to see it. Such beauty; and she alive to feel it. Her face was bathed in light. Lovely scents came up to the window and caressed her. A tiny breeze gently lifted her hair... How beautiful, how beautiful. Not to have died before this... to have been allowed to see, breathe, feel this... She stared, her lips parted. Happy? Poor, ordinary, everyday word. But what could one say, how could one describe it?" ~from the Glorious ENCHANTED APRIL novel by Elizabeth von ArnimYou can wear an Enchanted April always with this dear one's creations...
Sheila Correia of Artistic Adornments is the dragonfly faery that sends these out to the world on pink petals of love...


This one looks like the Evening star faery dropped this one from the sky, full of light and stars so bright.



Her jewelry shows her vision and just seems to feel like spring hopes on a chain...




Visit a sweet spirit spreading beauty and glittery jewels to light up a February day!




17 comments:

Châtelaine - The Garden Fairy said...

Dear Amy, thanks for visiting my Blog.I wished I could have shared the "real" Crumble, but I could only share the pictures... Now I visited your recommended site of Artistic adornement, what a treat for the eyes ! I should say I really have jewellery enough ( if this is possible) but... so many beautiful dreamlike pieces. Lovely ! kind regards, Martina

Beth Niquette said...

These pictures are beautiful! Thank you for your wonderfully encouraging comments on my blog.

Today's words are so very lovely--and of course, I love faeries, too.

sPaRkLiNg sCrApBoOkS said...

Beautiful blog post, and beautiful jewelry- always a pleasant stop at yourenchanting little corner of our blog world! xOxO deb

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

You know, all I want is quiet, calm, peace and escape. It must be my aging or that fact that I teach all day, but I love silence. Coming here, with all your lovely colors, gives me a sense of peace, Amy. Thank you precious!

Anita

Kiki said...

What a beautiful beautiful post! The imagery is gorgeous! The jewlery is mega-beautiful! Thanks for the link! Magical!
Kiki~

Sheila said...

This lovely post was truly a gift to me today...thank you so much! It's the unexpected events that occur in life that often provide the most pleasure. I'd love to send you a piece of my jewelry as a heartfelt "thank you". If you're comfortable you can email me your address and it would make me happy to do so. Warm regards, Sheila

sarahtay said...

her jewelry is really pretty - very fairytalesque! :) definitely what you'd wannabe wearin for that little magic in your everyday. thanks for sharing, Amy! I wish you well :) x

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Amy dearest!

Oh how sweet of you to stop by for a chat! I am home today, getting some of that calm I so need! I may also have a touch of conjunctivitis; a student of mine had it and my eye is all itchy and puffy! But, I am having so much fun drawing and making a book. You are so kind to check in on me!

All is well out here west of you....I hope that each and every day for you is a twinkle of light and love...but of course, I believe in making our own happiness, and you certainly know how to do that. Blessings of love to you, Anita

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

Hello Martina! Thanks so much for visiting her site. Lovely jewelry! Blessings.

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

Thanks dear Beth! Blessings.

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

Love your visits Deb! Blessings.

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

I send you calm and peace. Blessings.

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

I love to hear it! Thanks so much Kiki! Blessings.

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

I would wear it proudly! Thanks so much! Blessings.

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

Magic is great to add to the day! I agree! Blessings.

Georgianna said...

Oh, I love these quotes, Amy. How amazing is that one from Good Housekeeping, and so perfect! And Sheila's jewelry is so divine. Thank you for sharing all this sparkle and enchantment!

lin said...

AV,無碼,a片免費看,自拍貼圖,伊莉,微風論壇,成人聊天室,成人電影,成人文學,成人貼圖區,成人網站,一葉情貼圖片區,色情漫畫,言情小說,情色論壇,臺灣情色網,色情影片,色情,成人影城,080視訊聊天室,a片,A漫,h漫,麗的色遊戲,同志色教館,AV女優,SEX,咆哮小老鼠,85cc免費影片,正妹牆,ut聊天室,豆豆聊天室,聊天室,情色小說,aio,成人,微風成人,做愛,成人貼圖,18成人,嘟嘟成人網,aio交友愛情館,情色文學,色情小說,色情網站,情色,A片下載,嘟嘟情人色網,成人影片,成人圖片,成人文章,成人小說,成人漫畫,視訊聊天室,性愛,色情,080苗栗人聊天室,免費a片,視訊美女