Tuesday, January 19, 2010

A long journey was had...

A great Clearing revealed...
My best gypsy bags were packed...
My magical ticket was punched and the token for the faery passage was tied on...




I packed them with my eye candy and a birthday present for my Mom...





























With a magic wand and a wish a Clearing opens up and we are in awe...again...








All is quiet and hushed...









Nature allows us through the winding trees where noone would know there is a cottage in the woods...










We arrive at our dwelling in the woods over the cliffs of the bay...
























Down to the School house in a dip in the forest, at the end of a sawdust path lined with elven lights...




























A journal for the new year, I begin...















I wake to the Three Sister Trees in my faerytale stone cottage in the professor's quarters and they wave to me and say, "Come out for a walk, the ice glitter is oh, so, fine today on our white and frozen bay." So, I listen and gather friends and we go...





















































Daily walks reveal...



















Faery woods...












































A faery castle... an elven dwelling...
















There is ice and rock and trees that need not grow up...

What do you see on the way down, down, down from the top paths to the beach, only your shoes? Oh, I hope not!

We visit the one room Cliffhouse.
Would you live on the side of a cliff to assure you wouldn't miss a sunset?
The bluff above whispers, "See you soon." as you climb down the 90 foot cliffs on various stairways from heavenly creation, human and natural... A lone broken tree on the beach...

Captured in contemplation...
The reward of climbing down the cliffs is the reward that we are light and soft and good and we rest on the lake's cradles...




You come back from the ice and cliffs to know a new you...


The night covers our worries and our thoughts rekindle to the hope that we will always find our path in the enchanted woods.

11 comments:

Georgianna said...

Oh, Amy!!!! I can hardly express how fabulous, magical, beautiful and perfect your trip to this fairytale stone cottage seems! I'm sure only you could make packing a bag such a pretty activity. What an absolutely incredible, dreamy getaway. And look how gorgeous you are! Thank you for taking us along – I REALLY loved it! xoxo – g

Jamie Burch said...

Love, love, love! What an enchanting post! I'm in awe of this beautiful, magical place. Looks like you all had a wonderful time, creating and enjoying every moment. Pure bliss!

Hugs,
~Jamie

P.S. Thank you for your kind words!

Bella said...

What a lovely, dreamy journey! Just enchanting. I so adore your new journal, too.

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Talk about pure magic, Amy....oh my goodness dearest, you struck it rich with that lovely, enchanted place! Everything Amy, says MAGIC and FAERIES and JOY and ENCHANTMENT! I have to say that the first shot of the cottage reminds me of our darling Rabbit Hill here in Minneapolis! Where oh where, is this enchanted place? Do tell! You must have made so much fun...Please reveal more? Do take care dear faerie friend....Anita

Terri Kahrs said...

Ohhhhhh, Amy! Thank you, thank you for sharing your journey. I needn't ask because I KNOW you had a wonderful time! Your post is gorgeous today! Blessings & Hugs, Terri xoxo

LuLu Kellogg said...

Amy, this was truly a magical place. How wonderful that you had such a lovely trip. Thank you so much for sharing all this magic with us!

LuLu~*xoxo

debi said...

What a fun post! It looks like you had a wonderful, magical time on your retreat! Hugs

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

Goodness everyone! Being gone has been an eye opener! It will take quite awhile to set things right. Thanks for the lovely thoughts, compliments and being you! Blessings. See you as soon as I can.

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Oh Amy, you are so kind. Thank you dearest one. Anita

sPaRkLiNg sCrApBoOkS said...

wowwww, how magikal. How serene and beautiful! And your journal, that looks like it will be as gorgeous as you are! love deb

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

Thanks so much dears!