Tuesday, January 12, 2010

The average child laughs about 400 times per day, the average adult laughs only 15 times...

What happened to the other 385 laughs???
What will you see when you look in the magic mirror? Who will you be this year? Love is what you will be...

When your Depression dish fills the whole frame,


fill it up with the faerytale joys from the cotton candy swirls of your best memories...



Wrap it up and send it to your heart, fill up so that you may give a little easier, a little more, and a little more often, the gift of your twinkling laugh.




"Adults are always asking little kids what they want to be when they grow up because they are looking for ideas." ~ Paula Poundstone





Blessings and light, sweet and bright to you all...





After Thursday, I will be "on assignment" and on Retreat with my Mom and so many amazing women artists in a stone faerytale village in the woods. Yes, it is true, there are faerytale villages full of "faeries" and the young of heart who create for the joy of it. Find one, even if yours is just in your heart. Bye until next week!!!

13 comments:

Georgianna said...

Oh, Amy! Thank you for such an encouraging and beautiful message! The photographs are like a dream and so full of light and DElight! You never fail to lift me up out of any routine feelings to ones of joy and optimism. I hope you have a magical time on the retreat – how could you not? Enjoying such an enchanting place with friends AND your Mom! How marvelous! We will miss you but while you're away I hope to catch up on your posts from the beginning of the year and savor each one. xoxo – g ♥

Terri Kahrs said...

Amy, I'm sure there will be a LOT of laughter in your fairytale retreat! Enjoy your well deserved sabbatical. Hugs & Blessings, Terri xoxo

LuLu Kellogg said...

Have a wonderful time dear one and laugh much!

LuLu~*xoxo

debi said...

Wonderful post...I love the quote!
Have fun on your retreat!

Chasing the Moon said...

Ooh...this is so lovely! Your words and art are always such a delight! Have fun on your retreat with your mom, friends & magical faries. I hope you find lots of inspiration and create some wonderful memories. *Hugs* ~Jamie

Silke said...

Amy, I love that post!! Your photos are - as usual- dreamy! And I am sure you have much laughter in your life. I find that our pets help me every day to break into laughter, which I am grateful for. Have a wonderful time on your retreat!!! Love, Silke

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

OH PLEASE, PLEASE take plenty of pictures of your retreat and of the stone cottages and the faeries! Don't forget! I love the quote from Paula Poundstone! I am so glad that I work with children. Bisous, Anita

stregata said...

Have a wonderful time and have lots of giggles for me, please!

sarahtay said...

adore the beautiful wrapped up packaging! too sweet. x

Leigh said...

Ok now I am going to cry knowing that!! I am thankful to stop upon your post to read about how much more a child laughs and I vow I will try to so the same :) Starting now for no reason LOL ;)

nathalie said...

hi girlie! i just wanted to let you know you won one of the hair pieces!! please email me your address!

julie Haymaker thompson said...

OK I am going to find the faerytale place!! and try to laugh more then 15 times a day HMMM maybe I need to get it up to 15 TEE HEE

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

Glad to be back! Thanks for all the lovely words and I look forward to visiting all of you! Blessings.