Monday, December 28, 2009

Remember happiness doesn't depend on who you are or what you have; it depends solely upon what you think” ~Carnegie











Proust wrote in his volumes A la Recherche du Temps Perdu or The Remembrance of Things Past that what you perceive colors every memory, every reading of a favorite book is held by the person that you are at the time of the reading, and that time and the memories attached are more of a flowing together of moments not necessarily in linear order but put into thoughts by feeling, senses, at the time of an event. He was fascinated by flowers and the play of sunlight on a building and wished his writing to paint a picture of his experience...




What I love about this life, is that we are "as happy as we make up our minds to be" as Abraham Lincoln reminded.




Here is what Proust has given to my heart and I, now, with a sum of my year's posts, I give to you...




"...the differences which exist between every one of our real impressions--differences which explain why a uniform depiction of life cannot bear much resemblance to the reality derive probably from the following cause:




the slightest word that we have said, the most insignificant action that we have performed at any one epoch of our life was surrounded by, and colored by the reflection of things which logically had no connection with it










and which later have been separated from it by our intellect which could make nothing of it for its own rational purposes,
























things, however, in the midst of which--- here the pink reflection of the evening upon the flower-covered wall of a country restaurant,










a feeling of hunger, the pleasure of luxury; here the blue volutes of the morning sea and,
















enveloped them,







phrases of music half emerging like the shoulders of water nymphs--





the simplest act or gesture remains immured as within a thousand vessels,

each one of them filled with things of a color,







a scent,



a temperature that are absolutely different one from another,


vessels,






moreover, which being disposed over the whole range of our years, during which we have never ceased to change






if only in our dreams and our thoughts,





























are situated at the most various moral altitudes
















and give us the sensation of extraordinarily diverse atmospheres." ~ Marcel Proust


What I will come away with from this year is a lovely realization that I have colored my world and maybe the world of others as I have created my faerytale lenses to look through. I craft them with great care, from only the finest crystal, with the perfect rosy hue and I send my love from my heart and my perspective to you. Things don't always go as planned. Things get left undone or are broken. People are hurt, lost, found. Remember, you are the writer of your own happy ending. You are the creator of your faerytale and can bring light to anything you perceive. I loved remembering these photographs and the light on my cheek as I stood to take a moment to cherish that light and that perspective.

Walk this world with light in your eyes, let the glitter spill and carry it with you as a reminder of your brilliance. Pass it on to make another smile and laugh at the child in your heart that still sparkles on your sleeve.
Happy New Year!
Blessings and light,
Amy

4 comments:

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Oh AMy, what a lovely break for me to take while I sit here trying to write an abstract for my thesis! It is so much more difficult to write academically! Tough, but required, and if you can do this, you can almost do anything! Your colors are fresh, uplifting, and as always, your message is bright and true. Thank you my friend for visiting me and giving me such joy. Blessings to you this day and in the new year! Anita

Terri Kahrs said...

Stunning post, Amy! You have enriched my year with light and love, and I thank you from the bottom of my heart. May your New Year be filled with color, blessings, friends and light. Happy New Year! Hugs & blessings, Terri xoxo

Georgianna said...

Oh, my, dear Amy, how exquisite, uplifting and joyful. I read through this twice and am so thankful to have met up with you this year. You are truly a wonder. Beauty, light, love, health and magic to you in the coming year! xoxoxo

Pixie said...

Wow, what a wonderful post, so well written, beautiful photos and art and a lot to think about.