Wednesday, December 9, 2009

"I read and walked for miles at night...

writing bad blank verse and searching endlessly for someone wonderful who would step out of the darkness and change my life. It never crossed my mind that the person could be me."~ Anna Quindlen
Doesn't that sound like a revelation from a faerytale? Though, it is definitely not, it leaves one

thinking of how beautiful the night can be even before an uncertain dawn, even in the event


of feeling alone in the storm, the person who is there to give such light is with you already...



So many fallen stars lay on the branches, so many perfect things, so many crystal formations lay on my cheeks and with the cold of them and the warmth of my face they mix and become tears of joy at the wonder...










Beyond the night is the radiant fallen star,
Beyond the Knight is the radiant fallen star,
Be drawn to that light that shines in her eyes,
For it is the reflection of the gallant in yours
comingling with the dawn in her...
What is the world without dark and light and
fallen stars...
Just a little poem by Amy and this my yard after the lightning snow storm last night!

7 comments:

Silke said...

Oh, what a winter wonderland! I remember once when I was little, I looked out the window in the morning after it had snowed all night and thought we had moved - everything looked so different and magical. And - most wonderful of all - the world was so quiet! Enjoy your wonderland, dear friend!! Love, Silke

stregata said...

So lovely to look at - hope you can enjoy it. The kids will love it.

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Oh Amy dearst, you are truly a poet; the beauty that surrounds you is fortunate; you look at it and immortalize it in your kind words. Bravo! (I sat at my desk yesterday in class as my little ones took a math test; I wrote a little French poem for a student and she was just thrilled!) Have a great day, Anita

Terri Kahrs said...

How gorgeous! Nothing like newly fallen snow to magically transform the ordinary into the extraordinary! And your words are enchanting, Amy! Beautiful post! Hugs & Blessings, Terri xoxo

A Dancing Mango said...

Amy,
Being that we are close neighbors in Wisconsin, we have 18" of freshly fallen fluff and as soon as I saw the photos I said to myself.. "oh God blanketed us with the white covering as to protect the plants and keep all of the earth quieted.. "..
Your photos show his grace.
Please come to my blog and Join in the Christmas giveaway.
My giveaway is on the Monday post.
Good luck. Drawing is dec. 13th.

KarenHarveyCox said...

Amy,
What a gorgeous post, with beautiful words and beautiful photographs of a winter's delight. I love the idea of fallen stars into the snow.
Karen

Natasha said...

I am entirely enchanted by you every time our paths cross. It has been ages since I've had the opportunity to re-connect with the lovely individuals that spill the contents of their hearts and minds so openly for the world. Thank you for your encouragement, enlightenment and inspiration. Impossibly, I've forgotten how important it is for me to organize my thoughts, feelings and experiences through writing and have neglected my wee blog in the process. I've forgotten how beautiful and loving this magic globe of artists and artisans is. Ahhh... It is good to be in Narnia again. Thank you for calling me back.

Warmly,

Natasha
www.lifeafterdarkjewelry.blogspot.com