Monday, November 30, 2009

Faery Friends...


"If you can walk with crowds and keep your virtue, Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch, If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you, If all men count with you, but none too much; If you can fill the unforgiving minuteWith sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,..." then you are a faery friend.

~Rudyard Kipling's "If" in the book Rewards and Fairies (1910)

Spent a lovely evening with beautiful friends on Friday night and words of kindness danced around the table.

Thank-you to four friends, Joni, Jeri, Sandy and Jenny for always caring...

6 comments:

Julie said...

So beautiful...I love Rudyard Kipling's "If"...always been one of my favorites! Thanks for sharing such a sweet memory...Hope you have the lovliest day!

Terri Kahrs said...

Aren't kitchen tables the BEST for making wonderful memories! I've always loved "If" too. Hope you have a beautiful day, Amy! Hugs & Blessings, Terri xoxo

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

You know, that is what made my time off for Thanksgiving so magical; friends, love, kindess and creativity. What else could you ask for? We are the ones that create the mood and the magic and I am sure that chez toi, there is an abundance!!! BISOUS< Anita

debi said...

Beautiful quote. Thanks for sharing!
Have a wonderful week!

Georgianna said...

What a lovely quote and perfect for now! How wonderful you shared a beautiful evening with friends – I wish I'd been there as I know with you it would be pure magic!

paperbird said...

So lovely.
I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving Amy.
Blessing to you .