Thursday, October 22, 2009

Make your thoughts a jubilant adventure...




Creating gives me joy, creating for others makes me soar, but as an artist and a jubilant mom of four, I feel I create for myself by spreading light and joy and drawing and working with paint, polymer clay and paper. Yet, because it is joyous to create for others, I forget in that giving of myself that there is also another jubilant act. It is the act of filling my ink bottle with the sparkle of me. I set out all that makes me sparkle, all that makes me smile and I fill up my bottle with the fragments of light that I have shed for others, they are here and there you know... on sheets of homework with laughter still fresh on the mimiograph, on the soft laundry left unfolded to put a puzzle together with my three year old, on shirtsleeves of my husband after a hug before work, on the art that I sell so that people may remember that they are the writer of their own happy ending, creators of their own faerytale dreams... I sweep them up with joyous remembrance and gratitude, I weep them up at times as well...


So, quill in the well to make all seem well I fill you up with the scattered joy in my bottle and dip into my soul to make a moment that is "All About Me." I take something seemingly impossible in my world, beading, and sit next to my daughter who can shine soo brilliantly and I create something that fills up the thoughts in my mind with gratitude, sparkle, and all the colors of who I am swirling around. There is so much to each person, artist, woman, child... Each moment a jubilant adventure. There are sides that don't get to catch the light, there are times the jubilant jewels even fall in the leaves and must be polished once more all the more beautiful for the new gleam...


I am glad to shine for those I love and I am glad to dip into my soul and shine for me at times as well...


Thank-you friend Natasha for creating this day to celebrate...


Join Natasha in celebrating you, in creating something just for you and letting a moment of indulgence set in to appreciate...


24 comments:

Natasha Burns said...

Love your beaded jewels Amy! They are the perfect shade of green, my favourite! I hope you loved having some time to create for yourself, thanks so much for playing along!

Beth Niquette said...

How beautifully written--and what lovely handiwork. YOur blog touched me this morning.

Reflections from the Stone Nest said...

Your jewels are 'oh so pretty'. Beadwork is something I have yet to get a firm hand on. Thanks for the inspiration...

Kitty

mermaiden said...

mmmmmm, i have wee goosebumps. it's a beauteous thing to appreciate one's self, the things you have to offer and your inner abundance. joy to you, too!

Lori said...

what a lovely post...your jewels are gorgeous!!!

Fete et Fleur said...

You certainly do shine. Love your beautiful jewels!

Nancy

Cola's Cottage said...

So, so beautiful! You have a gift my dear! Your words and creativity shines bright! Thank you for sharing : )

Hugs ~ Nichole

Rose Brier Studio said...

What wonderful sentiments. And sometimes in the midst of doing for ourselves, we find we have created a wondrous place for those around us. Your prose sparkles as much as your beaded jewels. As always, thanks for being you.
~Marilee

Cami @ Creating Myself said...

"I am glad to shine for those I love and I am glad to dip into my soul and shine for me at times as well..."

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that! And your jewelry is beautiful too!

debi said...

Wonderful post Amy! Your beaded jewels sparkle and shine as beautifully as your sweet words.
Have a joyful day!
Hugs, Debi

LiLi M. said...

Wonderful post and beautiful beaded jewels! I love the fresh green on your blog too, everything just ties together!

Jeanne said...

Your beaded jewels turned out beautifully and such a pretty and soft shade of green!
xo
jeanne

Suzy said...

Wonderfully poetic and so inspiring. Thank you!

Coastal Sisters said...

I love the color of these jewels....Amy, you always write such beautiful postings.

LuLu~*xoxo

Connie said...

My goodness, what wonderful talent you have, sugar. Just gorgeous! Nice meeting you also...
xoxo,
Connie

Priscila said...

this is seriously SO BEAUTIFUL! You are so talented!

If you would like come visit me at http://www.littlemissheirlooms.blogspot.com
for a giveaway! Be sure to follow me because I have a new giveaway every monday!!!

Queen of Dreamsz said...

Your beading is so beautiful as are your words. :0) Anyone that is in need of a positive affirmation need only to arrive at your blog.

Thanks so much for visiting me..I always enjoy reading your sweet comments.

Hugs,
Stephanie

Georgianna said...

I saved your post for the last thing to read before I go to bed tonight. You do so sparkle and shine and spread fairy dust of delight and joy. Your writing and your website inspire and uplift always. How beautiful to create these magical jewels for yourself! – g ♥

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Bonjour Amy! Ah yes, I love art and every weekend, I am able to dabble in what I love, CREATING. Whether it is on my harp, with a pencil and pad, on the keyboard for writing or cluing rhinestones on a crown, I find such satisfaction. Thank you for always having the best gift of all: A POSITIVE SPIRIT! Bisous, Anita

Marie Antionette said...

The beaded jewels are devine.So beautiful.XXOO Marie Antionette

Dogwood said...

Oh~lalala...so pretty. I love the design and soft colors. Looks like a fun project. Enjoy.

sweetscarlett said...

It is amazingly cool in spirit and relaxing as it shines. Great job!
Cheers,
Maggie

The Rose Room said...

Exquisite!!! Also beautiful photographed and written - Rachael:)

Ele at abitofpinkheaven said...

Your writing is so beautiful. May we all give light to each other, but save a speck for yourself so that it too will grow and shine on others.