Monday, October 12, 2009

"Love is the enchanted dawn of every heart." ~ Alphonse Marie de la Martine
















Because, as William Cook states, I believe that "we are here, charged with the task of completing (one might say, creating) ourselves" I cannot picture the friendships I have found here in blogland, as a circle. The friends and people I meet are ever coming and going, staying and sparkling, growing, covering the bare spots of this person I am always becoming. I spent much of my younger son's nap yesterday accumulating the names and blog addresses of everyone who has visited me in these 10 enchanted months to reciprocate a wonderful award given to me by my dear one, Silke, and realized I don't find a circle of friends. I find what you see when you look into a sparkling gem or the perfection of a soft, verdant, green moss. Just when you think you are looking at the gloriousness of a blog circle, you see that it is mutable, filled with always new faces, new blessings, growing with you or sparkling once on that facet of time with that one comment, never to be seen again for they must shine for someone else now. Friendship is a land of moss and sparkle, days of soft comforts and laughter's glitter and twinkle. I have friends here that only answer my posts or comments by email, are there with a smile or a kindness with almost each post, who may visit and I never know, who are all they need to be to make this blog experience all that it is. I have been so inspired and so joyous this year of sharing! Who could believe it? Who could know that you could find a journal of joy and friendship on a computer screen? "We experience ourselves, our thoughts and feelings as something separate from the rest. A kind of optical delusion of consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us. Our task must be to free ourselves from the prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty. ... We shall require a substantially new manner of thinking if mankind is to survive." Albert Einstein said. I know that we were or are never separate, restricted, from eachother. We perceive that we are. We are collective and creators. We could never really be separate, we never could be. We are a glorious, amorphous, puzzle with new pieces added every moment, never to be completed in the true sense, but to be seen as a creation of constant beauty that with each turn of perspective, shines in a different way and shows us something or someone new. How I marvel at this portal as I have called it before. How I marvel at this "wondrous place" where I meet new people and get kindnesses from so many I may have not met without blogland. I am able to give true love and blessings out within this faeryland and am not limited to only those in my daily life and surroundings. So, I dedicate this post to all of my sparkling souls who come here to be part of something so much bigger and stunningly faceted. You are the soft landing, the creators of all things human and beautiful and I am humbled to know. Thank-you Silke at http://www.silkepowers.blogspot.com/ for inspiring this post by being inspired by someone else to give me the Deborah Award created by Ces at http://www.cesandherdishes.blogspot.com/ I can truly say that appreciating others and telling them so is the jewel we hold in our hand and the softest, most verdant gift we possess.

24 comments:

Olde Dame Penniwig said...

Your words are as pretty and sparkling as that gem! Is it a peridot? I love that color, so vivid.

Georgianna said...

My dear Amy, As always, your words evoke a shiver of joy and wonder and uplift the spirits out of the mundane. I share your sense of amazement that through our blogs and websites we can connect like never before with kindred souls in such a rapid and powerful way. You are so valuable to so many – I do hope you are feeling fully well again. – g xo

stregata said...

You are a sparkling jewel and a beautiful spirit, sweet Amy! It is always a special treat to visit you.

Silke said...

Oh, Amy, you speak right from my heart! I just commented on my own award post that this is the last time I am picking a list of friends to give an award to, for - in reality - I consider all my friends. I will always accept an award because they are give with such love, but I will pass that love on to all those who comment, follow or simply visit. You so eloquently expressed what I was feeling! Thank you, dear friend!! Love, Silke

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

What a gorgeous display of sparkling souls! The green is my favorite color and the twinkle of all the other objects speaks volumes of adoration. Thank you, Amy for always being there. Anita

A Dancing Mango said...

Your hearts sparkles as does your soul........
Thank you for being you.. !
Please come to my blog for a special surprise..
Yes, I know........
Blessings, Darlene

mermaiden said...

What tender depths...

Terri Kahrs said...

How appropriate that you've chosen a green gem to illustrate your beautifully written, poetic post, Dear Amy, for green is the color of life itself.

If we are the faceted gems in this blogland treasure chest, you are a beautiful lights that illuminates the hidden beauty within each jewel.

Congratulations on your well deserved award! The fairies are dancing in celebration! Love, Blessings & Hugs, Terri xoxo

paperbird said...

Lovely post dear Amy. I love your photographs. They are filled with such beauty and light. Exactly what I did right now.

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

Thank-you Penni! It is a large paper weight! hee hee Thanks again! Blessings.

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

It is an amazing journey. I am glad to meet the likes of you on it. Blessings.

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

Renate you shine and I thank-you. Blessings.

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

I am so glad to know you Silke. You are a dream friend. Blessings.

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

Twinkly Anita. Shine on dear one. Blessings and thanks.

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

Thanks for the award and your beautiful self. Blessings Darlene.

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

Perfect for a mermaid as dear as you. Blessings and wishes to you.

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

Terri, you always make my smile come to life. Thanks so much. Blessings.

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

Thank-you fly sweetly. Blessings.

Angela Recada said...

Lovely post! I just notice your comment on Silke's blog and had to pop over. Then I noticed that you graduated from UW-Madison with honors and had to leave a comment, since I'm in the Milwaukee area. Congratulations on that wonderful distinction!
:0)
Hugs,
Angela

Beth Niquette said...

Well said! I think you put into words what I have come to feel. I have made friends through my blog I would never have made otherwise...lovely beautiful people who have made a difference in my world and in theirs.

You are a heavenly writer, my dear--so very gifted.

Vanessa Brantley Newton said...

What magical pictures! It is very enchanting! Thanks so much for your very kind words left at my blog. Thank you for also sharing yours in this post. Great post indeed!

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

Hello Angela! Glad to see you! Blessings and thanks.

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

Beth, I thank-you and send wishes and light.

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

Thanks so much Vanessa! Blessings.