Saturday, October 17, 2009

Happy Hallow' tween with Vanessa Valencia's Grand Fete at A Fanciful Twist!!!!!

A Story from Amy for all who don the costumes, who walk the day with tales weaved into their hair and who know the hallow'd eve and day that is in your mind and always there... "Faeries dwell in the twilight, between day and night, between spirit and matter, between conscious and unconscious... where all things are possible, where the past and the future meet, where we meet ourselves coming back..." ~ Froud
Here begins my Halloween tale...
At twilight, between the lights of dark and day, there is a place of draughts, daydreams, doubts, feigning, and faith...
and it is Hallow'd... A Woman walks, bare, seemingly alone... Her thoughts of late are not her own... She has let the costumer dress her too often... She walks towards the night leaving the glare of other's eyes and chooses reflection. She wears nothing as she steps, she is lovely, she is her bones and they are strong as the Twilight night, the night of transformation whips and caresses her mind... This is Halloween and she seeks herself...










You follow the forest path of masks and streams of consciousness, warned to turn back by those who wish your fate sealed... Your feet and heart have no ears. They listen to themselves and you walk the twilight with tremulous strides. Dichotomy is yours... The bare bones are what you seek on this Hallow'tween. What costume do I don? The moss underfoot give way to a bridge to cross with ripples and life beneath your feet and you are left to choose on this Hallow'd Eve what to gain... what to lose... A door, a place, a sacred space, an in between where errors are yours or left on the moors to blow through the pages of a dizzying tome...






























































Oh draught of changing place, changing mind, changing space, have I made this costume I wear everyday or have others clothed me in their thoughts or is this night truly mine to transform? Can I have a costume not made by other's perceptions, other's thoughts ground together by pestle in my mind? I choose... the time is mine, my thoughts, my hours on this eve can bring about all I can conceive and I guide myself home with the wisdom of the babe, the crow and these nights are to remind me of all I don't know...




























The time we have becomes the time we make and how we read will be the path we take. Watch with joy as a babe new and see that troubles run off like dew. It is a night full of understanding all the cloaks and sheers to be worn, to come unknown and teaching. Halloween is your forever twilight. It is where the undefined grow and drink eternity through the eyes and learn what one wants to don... The moss underfoot comforts my new gown as my robes of choice and joy whip tickling around me and bring me to slumber in a Halloween' repose.

“What potions have I drunk of Siren tears, distilled from limbecks foul as hell within, applying fears to hopes, and hopes to fears, still losing when I saw myself to win! What wretched errors hath my heart committed whilst it hath thought itself so blessed never! How have mine eyes out of their spheres been fitted in the distraction of this madding fever! O, benefit of ill, now I find true that better is, by evil still made better; and ruined love, when it is built anew, grows fairer than at first, more strong, far greater. So I returned rebuked to my content, and gain by ills thrice more than I have spent.” Shakespeare’s Sonnet 119
I am grateful to Vanessa Valencia for hostessing this glorious Halloween Party and making it such a special event!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Join the fete and feel the Spirit of Halloween in your bones! Just follow this path and visit the lands of creative bloggers like yourself for a party bar none!!!!http://www.afancifultwist.typepad.com/

68 comments:

Kelly said...

I just got lost in all the pretty pictures in your lovely post!

Happy Halloween! Kelly

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

Thanks dear! Have fun! Blessings.

Linda said...

wonderful love the rackhams. Linda
Please drop by
http://pyewacketts.blogspot.com/

Designs By CK said...

Hi there!

Happy Hallowe'en and great party post!!!

SpOOky Best,
Chris (-:

http://designsbyck.blogspot.com/2009/10/fanciful-halloween-party.html

The Josie Baggley Company said...

Well Hello there & Halloween Greetings from Ireland the land of ancient folklore writers & poets! Thanks so much for dropping by & I'm gald you enjoyed our mini movie for the Fanciful Twist Party!

Wugs(witchy Hugs) & may Magic always dance in your heart

Rainey

Pixie said...

Thanks for hosting your party! I"m loving all the beautiful blogs I'm finding this morning.

KarenHarveyCox said...

What a great story and your images are the most Halloween enchanting. I think that we who love Miss Vanessa love the art of storytelling, and yours is wonderful!

Stop by and visit my story when you get a chance. I love the dance of your words and the rhythm of each sentence. You are a gifted writer, as well as a wonderful photographer.
Karen

icandy... said...

What a story... I heart you!
Hugs!

michelleK said...

beautiful pictures and haunting words.
Happy halloween party
<3M

Couture de Papier said...

Wicked! Good Morning you are so talented and connected!

Terri Kahrs said...

Such wonderful gifts you've bestowed on those who've stopped by your enchanted party, Miss Amy! You've woven a timeless story and enhanced it with your magical pictures! I've had a wonderful time today! Love, Blessings & Hugs, Terri xoxo

Sarah said...

Oh beautiful post!! Wonderful Halloween treats!! I love your artwork!! Thanks for popping by mine!! Happy Halloween, Sarah

Beth Niquette said...

Lovely words, beautiful photos. I enjoyed your post this morning.

Kathy's Red Door Welcome said...

Your words flow together like a potion for the soul. Happy Halloween!

mendytexas said...

I just loved your beautiful photos today! Thank you for inviting me to your party!! :)mendy

Junie Moon said...

I love the tale you've shared, made me feel like I was blissfully meditating. Thank you!

Fantasy Whispers - Vania Cruz-Perez said...

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog! Your blog is lovely and I enjoyed my visit.
Sorry that my party items weren't up yet when you stopped by but they are now if you'd like to take a look.

Warm Regards,
Vania

laterg8r said...

wonderful story, love the pics, esp of the crow :D

mermaiden said...

i love the imagery of bones and water, the speak from the primordial deeps.
beautiful tale to spiral us inwards.

katehutchesonphotography said...

Lovely details at your party, my dear- wonderfully spooky celebration!!

Cassandra said...

WOW what a Stunning story! Spook-tacular post! Thanks for sharing.

Happy Halloween
Cassandra

lepetitcadeau said...

Lovely party post - greatly enjoyed myself. Happy Halloween!

Maggi said...

Muwahahahahahaha!

What a beautiful story and images! Thank you for a hauntingly good party!

I'm visiting from Beyond to celebrate the spookiest Halloween blog party ever! I hope you are having a fang-tastic time today! You are cordially invited to share in the celebration at my party HERE. I do hope you'll stop by!

Have a spook-tacular day!

Kate...... said...

Lovely Pictures...
You are invited to visit my party too..

http://honeyandpig.blogspot.com/2009/10/hauntingly-magical-celebration.html

Happy Halloween
Kate

Chrisy said...

Your story was spellbinding...and the book! Gorgeous! Thank you for your hospitality! Please come visit at my party for more treats....if you haven't flown in already!

Gerushia's New World said...

Just hopping over from Vanessa's party.

I so enjoyed reading that enchanted story. It took me elswhere, if just for a small moment.

Kim
Gerushia's New World

Caroline said...

Happy Halloween Party to you! :)
http://carolinescrafts-carolinejones.blogspot.com/

Deborah said...

Such fun! Loved your story. OOOOooooo look at that lovely award you received! Congrats! I LoVe see the award that Ces created for me all over bloggy world!!! Do stop by and party with Alice and Dead Bob, if you dare! **kisskiss** Deborah

Jo said...

Delightful! Thanks so much for stopping by! Good to meet you! Happy Halloween & Fete!

Twyla and Lindsey said...

What a bewitching tale! Have a happy Halloween and a magical weekend! Twyla

AwtemNymf said...

I enjoyed my visit! <{:O)
Be Enchanted!
Opal Moon Enchantments

queen-of-nostalgia said...

Very pretty blog! Great images :)
I would love for you to stop by for a visit if you haven't alreay :) My party is here

Cheers!
Kristen

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

OH WHAT GREAT PHOTOS and fantasy, Amy!!! Merci for the magic! Anita

Whimsical Creations said...

What a fabulous story.

Thank you for having me. Happy Halloween!

=) melanie

gert said...

Happy Halloween!

Michelle said...

what a wonderful journey, loved all the images!

Laume said...

So much beautiful prose to reflect on. I love "Halloween is your forever twilight" - sigh.

Miss•Elena•Eous said...

Your blog is quite pretty... I see we have a mutual love for Mr. Rackham.

Abi said...

Superb images - glad I visited! happy halloween........

Annabelle said...

Lost on a haunted road of finest words and scenery.I adore RACKHAM....BOOUTIFUL POST!!!

Happy Hauntings and Happy Halloween
A Witch called Annabelle >^..^<

Molly @ A Bit O' Shine said...

Delightfully wicked! Thanks for having us stop by your party and thanks for visiting mine!

yyam said...

Lovely pictures to go with a great post! Thanks for sharing!

Sarah said...

A spooky tale indeed! Happy Halloween!

woodlandwanderings said...

Even your Halloween post is beautiful! I'm enchanted :)

Torie Jayne said...

Hi, Great Halloween post! Wonderful pics & story! Happy Halloween to you!

Valerie said...

What a wonderful story and such beautiful artwork and pictures!

whymsicalmusings said...

What a marvelous post. It drew me in and whisked me away!
XXX
Becky

julie Haymaker thompson said...

OH I loved this!!! I love the phrase " halloween is your forever twilight place" Thanks for the VERY supportive post!! I am taking your advice!! PS I think I need to have some halloween fun too

roostreehouse said...

Oh draught of changing place, changing mind, changing space, have I made this costume I wear everyday or have others clothed me in their thoughts or is this night truly mine to transform? Can I have a costume not made by other's perceptions, other's thoughts ground together by pestle in my mind?

Goodness Gracious! A thinking girl's party...very good. What better time to soul-search than when the veil between the other side and here are thinned?

Excellent post.

Lori Saul said...

What an amazing post! Incredible array of photos and beautiful writing- really drew me into the spirit!

Karin said...

What a beautiful story and what great pictures. Thank you so much for inviting us to join you in this celebration. Happy halloween!

Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

Your images are hauntingly bootiful. Have a spooktacular day!

http://afancifultwist.typepad.com said...

Miss AMY! That was enchanting and magical, just like you!!!

And your spell book, divine!!!!

Thank you for being such a lovely party hostess!!

Bwahahahhaaaaaaaaaaaaaa ;)

Bella said...

What a creative and lovely post. You have a beautiful blog. Thanks for stopping by. Have a spooktacular Halloweeen!

Laurie said...

Love visiting your party! Hope you can fly over to mine! :)

Julie Ranae said...

FINALLY fell asleep at someone's party last night...so back to make rounds again today...

Thank you for the invitation...so glad you left the decorations up for me!

Please stop by and see my creative offerings for the party...they're still up, too!

http://juliesopenwindow.blogspot.com

Jaime Haney aka ArtsyFartsy.Me said...

I loved your party post. I am so sorry to disappoint when you visited mine. My mom is sick and I totally forgot about it. Yours is great! I am now following! -best wishes... Jaime

6p010534ce4be0970b said...

Beautiful pictures and that tome looks magnificent!

Shell said...

I enjoyed your magical party. Your words touched me.

Chickenbells said...

What lovely images...I had so much fun over here! Happy Halloween...

http://foolsewoode.blogspot.com/2009/10/historically-halloween-has-been-time.html

Bella Dreams said...

What a spell binding story! I wish that I could write half as well. I love it but struggle with it. Thank you so much for visiting my party.
Denise

Lisa Lectura Creations said...

Hi Amy! Wonderful party post! I really enjoyed visiting, Your photos and story was magical. Thanks so much for visiting! Have a great week!

Hugs,
Lisa :)

slommler said...

Beautiful pictures!!! Great party! Sorry I am a bit late!
Stop by mine; we are still going strong.
Hugs
SueAnn

Dishy-Girls Photography said...

Thank you so much for dropping by...I loved the story and fabuloous art work. Inspiring

Sillie_Girl said...

thank you so much for sharing, this was wonderful!

Cami @ Creating Myself said...

Still trying to visit everyone. Enjoyed your entertaining post & loved this quote " Can I have a costume not made by other's perceptions".

A Wish or Two Ago said...

You without question have a wonderful spirit that dances and rejoices with life. I appreciate your light. Thank you for visiting my blog and for following me. If only the world was filled with people that dance like you...It would be so easy, wouldn't it? Tender Wishes to you. Kathleen
awishortwo.blogspot.com and
www.awishortwoago.com

Coastal Sisters said...

Amy your pictures were wonderful!

I am still going through the list over at Vanessa's trying to visit everyone and it's taking me a bit to get by everyone's party :)

LuLu~*xoxo