Friday, September 11, 2009

The Truest Elixir...







Can kindness be an elixir? In my world, it is the truest, purest sort and I must thank Joanna for the crystal and bottle of love that arrived today full of blessings, Lisa for her thoughtfulness, and Shelley, who came this morning and sat with me and my small prince. My tiny prince was hit hardest with the flu all my children and I have experienced this week and my exhaustion settled in last night, holding tight and setting my head with a strange centrifugal spin. Life was working well, though, no grinding halts. So, after the other two princes and one princess left for school in the village and I held my tiny three year old's small frame for a couple more bouts of flu and upset, I heard a sound. I cleaned up the flu mess and rested softly, with him, keeping still. With this, I forgot to check the sound I had heard on the porch. Then, a ringing came, not the one from my tired head. It was the phone, I answered with what I thought was my usual receptive voice and Shelley heard a difference and asked, "Are you sad?" I told her the young prince was ill and she asked if she could see us and it felt perfect to say, "yes." It was then that my little prince settled into the couch and I tucked in the edges for him and on the porch was a box and it was from Joanna and she had blessed us with a healing gift and Shelley arrived shortly after.
As he laid next to me, so peaceful on the couch, Shelley and I talked easily over the delightful coffee she had brought with her and we sipped the elixir that is kindness. The elixir that is friendship and ease and enthusiasm for all that we experience. The world is so wondrous when friends like Molly or Shelley or Joanna or Joni or Lisa bring you a bit of light, a moment of thoughtful, a bag of giving, or a bottle of kindness.
Thank-you for being the essence of that elixir, dears. I hope that I, too, give bottles of kindness to you all our days. Blessings, Amy



22 comments:

stregata said...

May the faeries sprinkle some pixie dust on you and your royal children, so that you will be well and happy again!!
Wishing you well!!

Elena Lai Etcheverry said...

i am so so thankful that you posted on my blog today. It prompted me to visit yours and i really needed to read this post. kindness is an elixir and I so needed what you provided me with today. thank you for the blessings. i feel stronger already.

Joanna Rowan Mullane said...

What a beautiful post dear Amy, I am sending you and yours healing light energies filled with love. You are always a precious elixir to me and my Spirit. I hope you found the card in the box too. Thank you sweet friend and feel better soon!

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

YES! KIndness of the best medicine and love, the healing! Oh my dear Amy, I am so sorry to hear that the flu has hit all of you...may your little faeries and you, feel better very soon! LOve and hugs, Anita

sPaRkLiNg sCrApBoOkS said...

Hello Amy,
Sending loving and healing blessings your way too- nothing worse than seeing our precious kids so sick. And we're right there with you in our home!
What beautiful gifts you received! And what a beautiful gift you give-thank you for sharing your elixir of kindness on to us! Kindness is so powerful....... love deb

Silke said...

I'm so sorry, Amy, that you all have been ill this week. It sounds like with your loving care and the kindness of dear friends, you are all on the mend again. I hope your littlest one is happily playing again! Hugs, Silke

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

Thanks dear Renate!We are on the mend! Blessings.

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

You can get through it dear! You have such peace coming. Blessings.

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

That was just what I needed dear friend! Blessings.

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

Thanks Anita! Blessings to you and wishes for a wonderful day!

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

Deb you are so lovely to say such dear things and I am glad to get to know you! Blessings.

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

Silke dear we are feeling better and I am glad to hear you are home! Blessings dear one!

paperbird said...

Amy I hope that you and your little ones will recover and feel well soon. You are such a kind spirit- best wishes to you.

The bottle is lovely.

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

Thanks dear Lorraine! You give such lovely thoughts and I appreciate them. Blessings.

Rosemary said...

Hope the children are better.
How nice to have such wonderful friends!
Rosemary

Rattus Scribus said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. Anita has inspired many people, including her husband, me. I'm hoping I can make a blog that is funny, inspiring, and challenging.
God bless,
Ruben

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Dearest Amy!
Yes! Nsncy is my sister-in-law! Her brother, my husband of 27 years is divine! He is so smart, generous, handsome, creative....the list goes on. WOW, how this family is talented. You are so kind Amy; I feel the same way about you and all the kindnesses and positive spirit that you have imparted to me. You have been a role model of tolerance and love. BRAVO!!! Fondly, Anita

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

Thanks for the well wishes Rosemary! Blessings.

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

Thanks Ruben! Blessings.

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

Hello Anita! Thanks so much! Blessings.

Sandi said...

Lovely post the bottle is so pretty! I hope your little prince is well now!
Blessings~

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

Thanks dear Sandi! Blessings.