Tuesday, September 1, 2009

It is all in how you look at something..See that you write your own happy ending...





































Three dear children set off to school today. They left from my house with new eyes, for I reminded them to "see." I reminded them, as I do each new school year, to open their hearts to someone new today and see them afresh. My fourth child, who is two lovely years, almost three, need not be reminded, yet, to him the world is delight and love. He still "sees" the splendor and each day introduces new characters into his faerytale and he smiles at the wonder of it all. "I go to school, Mama?" he asks. "You still are the teacher, my dear. Will you teach me, little one, to dance in the sun's beams with the motes or see a magic "wand" in the rhubarb I am harvesting? Will you teach me to see my drawing with two or more stories and alter them accordingly?"








"Tell me a new story, Mama, please. What are the faeries doing, today, Mama?"








"Yes, I will. And, yes, dear one, you still have much to teach me and there will be a day when you go to school and you will learn things I cannot show you, fair and unfair, and you will come home to me and you will teach me and I shall learn and I will teach and you shall learn. But, mostly, we will know what it is to love and to "see."



See something two ways today and delight in it...



"I think we can't go around measuring our goodness by what we don't do, by what we deny ourselves, what we resist and who we exclude. I think we've got to measure goodness by what we embrace, what we create, and who we include." ~ from the movie, Chocolat.
Blessings and light,
Amy

18 comments:

Coastal Sisters said...

Oh how lovely!

LuLu~*xoxo

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

Thanks lulu dear! Blessings.

stregata said...

Really, so lovely - your words, your journal (I think?). Ahhh, I think I must see that movie, Chocolat, again!

Elise said...

Hello, what a beautiful blog you have here ! I just had to leave a note for you - I've really enjoyed looking through your posts and pictures. They are all very interesting and creative. Best wishes and thank you...

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

Renate it is a movie with such lovely scenes it is definitely worth a second "seeing" hee hee. Blessings.

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

Welcome dear Elise! What lovely sentiments. Thanks ever so much. Blessings.

Terri Kahrs said...

Oh to see with a child's eyes and feel with a child's heart!

When my son was small, I hung a raindrop prism in his nursery window. Sunny mornings were enchanted with rainbows sprinkled across the room. We ran to catch their magic. Precious memories! Of course there are magic wands in the rhubarb. Magic is everywhere when seen through a child's heart. Enjoy your Precious One and treasure the lessons he's teaching! Love & Blessings, Terri xoxo

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Oh my dearest Amy,
You are the great teacher...I started teacher meetings today and will have open house on Thursday to welcome everyone back next Tuesday. However, what you are doing need no preparation of curriculum; you are living the lesson! Best wishes for a happy school year for all of you! Anita

icandy... said...

Amy!!
What a gorgeous book and such heartfelt thoughts...
Love,
Christina

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

That is excellent advice for your little ones!

Chrisy said...

What a wonderful mother you are!

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

Terri I so agree. We were born to see such color, and it is magical and a delight to delight with a child. Blessings.

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

Anita, that gives me such pleasure to hear. Know this though, we all are in so many ways. It is the glorious differences that help us learn new perspective. I thank-you dear friend. Blessings and good luck with your school year. They are lucky in you.

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

Thank-you dear Christina! I started it from Monica's class she gave me and am enjoying adding to it! Blessings.

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

Love eachother, right. What else is there to teach? Thanks. Blessings dear one.

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

Aww... thanks for saying so dear. Have a great day! Blessings.

twinkleshabbystar said...

Amy!!! What a GORGEOUS post!!! All so well said, and your book is magical and beautiful! It's always a treat visiting your blog! XO,Jenn

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

Thanks Jenn! Ditto dear one! You are a treat and I thank-you! Blessings.