Thursday, August 20, 2009

Whispers on the Wind Windmill is complete and delivered!


See sidebar for more photos of the details...
The Evansville Community Partnership exists to raise money to benefit Evansville and its citizens in so many charitable ways. They have sponsored me to create this windmill for their Windmill Festival and I am honored and grateful to help!

My Windmill will be auctioned off on October 4th at the Windmill Festival!


Whispers on the Wind is the name of the windmill that I decorated with blue hammered paint, my polymer clay sculptures, my Compassion elf, and Debrina Pratt elements.
This windmill is meant as a quiet meditation. I chose the color for serenity. I made the gingko leaves and hearts for the memories of the heart. The polymer clay flowers and little leaves represent transience and beauty. The dragonfly, for me, is growth and flight.The birdfeeder represents the essential concept that one must feed ones soul inorder to help others feed their own. I saw this in my heart before I could even begin and it tells a faerytale of peace, reflection, and memory for me. May it bring to your heart all the sweet, soft, memories of happy "Whispers on the Wind."
Blessings and light,
Amy Sperry Faldet

18 comments:

Coastal Sisters said...

Amy...this is lovely. How wonderful you were able to do this for Evansville. What a sweet soul you are.

LuLu~*xoxo

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

Thanks dear Lulu! Blessings friend.

Terri Kahrs said...

Your windmill is gorgeous, Amy! Each element is so well thought out and meaningful. What a welcome addition to the auction! Blessings Hugs, Terri xoxo

stregata said...

What a wonderful windmill - I am sure the breezes will want to play with it and every turn will be accompanied with invisible swirls of magic and colour...
Thank you for your message, dear Amy. I will reply.

Olde Dame Penniwig said...

Oh, I like that blue and the story the vanes tell to the wind at every turn.

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

Terri, thanks, I hope so! Blessings dear.

debi said...

Congratulations Amy! Your windmill is beautiful!

icandy... said...

Amazing, Amy!!!

HugS!

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Your work is exquisite my dear. I am so glad to know you, your positive spirit and magnificent vision of peace. God bless, Anita

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

Beautifully said dear! Thanks. Blessings

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

Thank-you Penni!! Blessings and light.

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

Debi, thanks! Wishes to you.

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

Thanks Christina! Have a great day!

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

What a wonderful thing to read. Thanks so much Anita. Blessings.

shelle says hi said...

Peeked inthe window at Eager building to see you Windmill. So dreamy. I can't to see it on the street. You inspire me friend!

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

Hi dear dear Shelley! You managed the techy portal!!!!! Thanks for coming over today and spending time and bringing gifts dear one! Blessings and I will see you soon.

Melissa the Holiday Queen said...

Thank you Amy for your sweet, sweet comment today. You've made my world a little bit brighter!

Your windmill would be a beautiful addition to any home. Magical!

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

Thanks Melissa! Blessings dear.