Monday, August 24, 2009

Every portrait that is painted with feeling is a portrait of the artist, not of the sitter... ~Oscar Wilde























A faerytale began with the singing of a bird and it led a fair maid to market. The bird would light upon a branch almost as if to stop and say, "Follow me dear, yet, only you know the way... You shall go to market and sell your cleverness, you shall sell all that you think you know." "But, what will I get for my cleverness, for I doubt it has been sold before or bought for that matter, what shall I get, what will I buy?"






The bird would look at her as if to say, "Well you shall receive six splendid gems, like none you have ever seen and they will be all you need for they are magical and not true currency, but a ticket for passing into the miracle of living and leaving the mundane of knowing. You sell your cleverness for bewilderment. You will be able to tell your own faerytale because no longer will you read it as if out of the pages, dry and crumbling; you will be breathing the bewilderment and aahhh...."






I wrote this story in honor of this elephant and its story, my astonishment and my story, and all the stories yet unsaid and summarized by Rumi's glorious quote.



















”You can't cross the sea merely by standing and staring at the water.” -- Rabindranath Tagore.













Upon seeing this video, for me, a bridge was crossed. More connection than I could have ever fathomed was forged between this wonderful world that I live in and my spirit. I, at times, feel when I pick up a paintbrush and apply the bristles to the paper it is like an arc is made between my heart and the seen world. The crossing begins with a step towards what seems like an impassable brook, of communication that may never be expressed. Creating that arc as you put your foot out into the nothing is the beginning of the story, a new bridge to a magical, new, place, but it is also a place from within your heart's memory and thus, it is now something eternal on your page. When you choose the medium for your arcs it is as they say a dip into your soul. For, inorder to show what you see, how you see, and what you want to see your heart must be full with that fullness that leaves room for more experiences, people, love, and loss. These things make the greatest palette, the most beautiful bridge...

10 comments:

Terri Kahrs said...

My heart was filled with wonder and joy as I watched this magnificent Beast in the act of creation. How Wonderful and Wondrous! Thank you, Amy, for sharing this beautiful video. Hugs & Blessings, Terri xoxo

icandy... said...

Beautiful, Amy! Thank you again, so much for my beauties~ I'll cherish them always!
HUGS!
Christina OXxo

stregata said...

How lovely, Amy! Love your painting - it is full of that very special light that is yours!!

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

Terri, I, too, was filled up by such a beauty as this. Thanks so much for your hugs and blessings.

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

I am so happy to say you are welcome. Blessings and thanks.

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

Renate, thanks! Blessings dear.

Kathy's Red Door Welcome said...

This is the most fabulous story and incredibly thought provoking video. It does indeed make me feel more connected to the unseen world. It fills my heart with wonder. Thank you for sharing this. I definitely want more magic in my life!

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

Thank-you dear, thank-you. I am in awe of this story we live in. Struck, really. Blessings.

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Hello precious AMy! How nice that you stopped by with a little rhyming! How did I miss this incredible post? I check my bloglist every morning and I didn't see this...it is exquisite! I have been having a wonderful week, thank you and I suppose you as well, with your little boy! Blessings, Anita

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

Hello Anita! Blessings dear!