Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Thoughts in a bowl and remembering paths taken...






















“Remember” by Christina Georgina Rossetti
Remember me when I am gone away, Gone far away into the silent land; When you can no more hold me by the hand, Nor I half turn to go yet turning stay. Remember me when no more day by day you tell me of our future that you planned: Only remember; you understand…
There are times when I pick up something that has seen many different lives that I pause and wonder about its path and the paths of its previous owners. The special pieces, a sheet of vintage music sings out, remember me… or an old chair that sits with stories to tell, send out their stories to any who will listen and lend themselves to the concept of a new path with me, to creating new stories. This week has been filled with the summery path, busy, warm, sweet, and full of helping and finding. I woke to find my hollyhocks beginning to thrive once more, I walked around my town with new eyes at all the abundance set out for yard sales and found treasures, books, a scarf that maybe flapped on a special evening off the neck of someone, maybe it made her feel glamorous, maybe it has a break up in its story. I will never know, but, oh… the possibilities this life offers simply sets me thinking… I know that things are not my treasures. I know that on my own, but, as I read The Notebook, one of the books I found this weekend, I am reminded that love, whether of something simple and beautiful like a paintbrush, or of a person, is a path filled with the previous stories and faerytales that a person accumulates. The faerytales are wrapped around each person and add to the path. There are stories with thorns, vases filled with flowers, music played at special, sweet, times. I love how the paths of old things can lead to new stories. They speak, “Remember me,” but, they are also there to choose a new path and create new stories.
“The Road Not Taken” by Robert Frost
Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, and having perhaps the better claim, because it was grassy and wanted wear; Though as for that the passing there had worn them really about the same, and both that morning equally lay in leaves no step had trodden black, Oh, I kept the first for another day! Yet knowing how way leads on to way, I doubted if I should ever come back. I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. I added my domino charm necklace to my new bowl to help me remember my "acre of diamonds" is in my own backyard, my heart, and my bowl of thoughts...
Thanks for letting me share them with you...

10 comments:

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

You are always so brave and skillful to venture out into the land of writing my friend! Merci! Anita

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

They are not perfect stories, but, they are what I have to give. Thanks for being part of this world. Blessings.

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Hello my beautiful poet! Thank you for visiting and leaving such uplifting comments! Isn't it wonderful to be part of this phenomena called life? The art of living will never die, will it? Blessings, Anita

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

You are so welcome dear. Blessings.

The Artful Paper Doll said...

Hello Ms. Amy,

This is a beautiful post. Like you, I always write from my heart and there is perfection in that because it feels so positively joyful.

I am a bit behind in my Artful Elite articles but I did say I wanted to interview you. I would like to feature you and your work for September. Thank you for the compliment on my recent interview with Vintage Flair. I too found the article to be incredibly informative.

Sending fairy hugs and wishes for a creative day filled with magical and wondrous surprises.

xoxo
~Kellie

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

Thanks Kellie! Just let me know when you want the interview! I am honored dear. Blessings and light to you.

julie Haymaker thompson said...

What a beautiful blog and post I need beauty right now but the Robert Frost peice always make me sad.

debi said...

This is such a pretty post...very thoughtful.

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

I send you such love dear in your sad times. Blessings dear one.

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

Thanks debi! Blessings to you.