Saturday, August 22, 2009

So we sit upon our bower...




We sit together his little head on my shoulder, my cheek on his temple, upon our little branch. He is tired today, the "Crankies" want to pull us away from our dappled light and happy times. My baby is tired, so I sing him a song as we sit under the hydrangea all the morning long and he listens to the bird chirp and scold. He looks up at me and knows we, surrounded by flowers and light, have nothing to worry about, nothing to yell. "What is the bird yelling about, Mama?" "Oh, goodness, my dear, I can never tell. I don't understand her anger, but I wish her well. Maybe the "Crankies" have come to visit her and they just won't leave or maybe she invited them for some strange reprieve. Do you know how she could be rid of them, what would make her smile once more? She should open her little beating heart to all the world's happenings and make a little door." "But, why, Mama, why open it up? Wouldn't that hurt?" "Well, with an open heart," I say, the "Crankies" cannot stay for long and your language will never be curt. Your eyes will open to the glow of this bower and you will sit with love on your knee and while away the hour."


So, we sit upon our bower, my wee baby and me, and I hold him round the waist sitting in the bush beneath the old oak tree.


Peace is with you, sitting on your knee right below your open heart...
Starting today, I am going to take a little break from the computer and some "busyness"for the week to spend time with some family, take a day trip with friends to Chicago and lazy around in the green glow of the hydrangea with love all around...
See you soon dears...
Blessings and light,
Amy

12 comments:

Terri Kahrs said...

Enjoy your hiatus, Amy! I can picture you sitting in the shade of the hydrangia's sipping tea and enjoying friendships. Make a lot of happy memories! Love & Hugs, Terri xoxo

Azurée Trentalange said...

What a sweet story. Hope you have a wonderful getaway!!! Fairy wishes, Azurée

stregata said...

Have a blessed time!! Will miss you!

Beth Niquette said...

Enjoy those small crankies now! There comes a time when those small crankies turn into big ones!

(grin) Lovely story.

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Dearest Amy,

So beautiful and soft and kind! You have a little baby boy....my favorite!! By the time you get this, maybe you will be back...I hope you had a marvelous day in CHicago! Bisous, Anita

Papermoonies said...

Hiya doll, enjoy your escape.
Make it an Arty one too.
Cheers
Brittany
http://www.papermoonies.blogspot.com

icandy... said...

Have a "wondrous" time, sweet... and thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!! My beauties arrived safe and sound on Saturday! Love them so!
HUGS!
Christina

Genevieve said...

I hope that you have a nice day with your dear ones.
The "Crankies" set in around here to from time to time. With my girls they are accompanied by adorable high pitch shrieks and earsplitting squeals! A sure way to banish the "crankies" …… red velvet cupcakes with butter cream icing poof! And they are gone! Happy day to you lovely photos as usual!

Allyson and Christopher said...

Enjoy your vacation.
Love the flowers- they are a favorite of mine!

Joanna Rowan Mullane said...

Enjoy your time with family sweet Amy! Just wanted to say THANK YOU from the bottom of my fairy heart for your lovely gift! I am just beside myself! Please stop over at Little Faerie Tales for a little blog award from me to you!
Fairy hugs,
Joanna

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

Back from Chicago tonight!!! So much fun to see the Harry Potter exhibit and enjoy very special friends! Blessings to all of you for the best wishes ever you could have given me! Thanks.

Idamaria said...

jUST FOUND SOME TIME TO VISIT YOUR BLOG. YOUR WINDMILL LOOKS GREAT AGAINST THE BLUE & CREAM BUILDING ON THE SIDEWALK. VISITORS HAVE BEEN COMING TO TOWN AND ARE TAKING PHOTOS OF ALL THE WINDMILLS, HOPEFULLY TO MAKE A DECISION ON WHICH ONE THEY WILL MAKE A BID FOR. i WISH IT WOULD STOP RAINING SO I CAN WORK IN MY FLOWER BED, THE CONE FLOWERS NEED TO BE DEADHEADED. i HAVE SO MANY, WE DON'T NEED ANYMORE STRAY SEEDS PLANTING THEMSELVES. THE RAIN IS SOOTHING TO WATCH THROUGH MY WINDOW AT WINDMILL ANTIQUES. HAVE A NICE DAY!