Thursday, August 13, 2009

Revamp Party with Natasha Burns August 14th!!!






















Once upon a time there was a princess in a golden tower, she wished to walk through the enchanted, light-filled woods near her home carrying her favorite treasures, a vintage notebook, her pencil, a bit of frommage and a sparkling beverage, but, alas... She felt destined to remain in her tower of gold with the breeze teasing of walks not had. She knew she just needed a faery princess to alight upon her window up so very high and show her that she has all she needs to carry her treasures and lo, the dear Natasha, princess of all that is pink and flowing, arrived as the wish past the wistful princess' lips. Faery Natasha granted her the ability to see her abundance in a new light and at once, the tower princess set forth at sewing her bag from a blouse from the past. She took floral netting touched by the elves with green and gold and made a pouch to behold. She took needle and thread and knew a life stuck in a tower would soon no longer be hers to dread. She stamped a sweet face to remind her of this place and that after her adventures the tower would no longer feel confining, but would be a haven of respite after a verdant walk with treasures upon her arm...
Take two or three layers of the netting in the size you need sew up the three sides leaving the top open.
Take net pouch and attach the top seams to the breastbone seam of the blouse for added strength leaving the gap for putting your treasures in and voila you have a belle of a bag for just those special small items, a cluster of grapes, your mp3 player and the latest Stampington and Co. magazine you adore, the treasures for a morning in an enchanted glade or glen...






Thank-you Natasha Burns for the inspiration to create my "Woodland Walk" bag, you are a princess to be sure. http://natashaburns.blogspot.com/

24 comments:

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

The colors you use for your photos are so marvelous; they remind me of a juicy watermelon!!! I must check out this princess Natasha...I have seen her name everywhere but never ventured out to know her! Merci Amy! Anita

Zinnia said...

Your blog is just beautiful! Love all the colors you create and combine. oxoxox

Natasha Burns said...

oh what a fantastic idea!!! So you have a bag/purse and it looks like a blouse, right?!!! gorgeous!!!!!! What a wonderful story too, you are so creative :)
Thanks so much for joining in!

Nostalgia at the Stone House said...

What a magical creation, touched with fairy dust...a delicate delight! I love your new bag,
Niki

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

Thanks everyone! Yes, when you place it on your arm it hangs more like a bag so it looks very faery and flowing. Have fun today! Blessings.

Marina Capano said...

what a fantastic idea!!I love it!

xoxo

Lori said...

what a cute idea!!!

Gypsy Flea Market said...

Simply enchanting ... well done!
Lovely story to boot ... you oooze creativity ; )

xo
Jill

Silke said...

Oh, how beautiful and so very "you"! The colors are gorgeous and your photos simply dreamy!

I found a blog this morning which made me think of you! whisper

Hugs, Silke

Silke said...

Ok, my first attempt at doing a link in the post worked, except it wasn't suppose to say "Whisper", but "Joanne May Illustrations". I'm learning... :) Silke

Adeline Country Cottage said...

Loving the colours you have chosen, and your story telling is just beautiful, I could use your stories for my girls at bed time.
Sorry for being rude...... but I'm not sure where the bag is as a finshed product....I know it sounds rude dosn't it ....I'm sorry, I'm going back again maybe I didn't see it clearly....please forgive me for being rude!

Hugs
Kirstie.

She'sSewPretty said...

I love your fairy tale and the resulting creation!!

Jillian said...

Neat idea! Wish I had thought of that! Pretty soft tones, too.

Attic Charm said...

So creative! Well done!
Laura

Bunny Rose Cottage said...

What a wonderful, creative idea! I absolutely love it! The colors are just perfect too! Great job :)
Hugs and I am so happy to meet you, I love the name of your blog!
Amy

LiLi M. said...

Soo creative and you use such warm colors! Like the fairy tale story too! Enjoy the party and have a nice weekend!

Inspired Tokens said...

So soft and pretty. Your photo's evoke a very soft and vintage revamp.
You did an marvelous and very creative job.

Flossie Belle Bags said...

Wow, How Gorgeous, what a Brilliant idea...

Nikki via The Scarlett Rose Garden said...

Beautiful idea and commentary! Gave me goosebumps to read such a lovely description!

Sabii Wabii said...

Love your choice of colors! Beautiful blog.
Teirsa

The Rose Room said...

What a beautiful ReVamp post! Just exquisite! Rachael:)

Zita - Mlle Magpie said...

Such fairy tale beauty - love it!

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Sweet Amy! You came to the play...You looked ravishing in your pink and green gown! Thank you my dear for attending...OMG! I just realized that you are a real writer; I am embarrassed! My poetry is silly, but I am having fun. One thing you can say about me, I am about as audacious as Balzac!!! Love, Anita

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Oh dearest Amy,
You are soooo kind;I am honored to hold the plume in the company of such marvelous writers such as yourself! Thank you from the bottom of my heart. I often don't see myself as anything...just a person who is trying to write, trying to be a teacher, trying to play the harp, but not really BEING a writer, teacher or harpist. Thank you for the hope you just shared. Blessings, Anita