Tuesday, August 18, 2009

I dreamt of loves, leaves, and memories...











Blurry though it was, unsure of its own unfolding...
The dream was real...




Once upon a time a lady dreamt that all the loves of old, all the memories of kindnesses across the waters, and all the luck and love to be had were floating toward her on a wave of pink and green, green and gold... At my father's birthday party, my daughter and I found four leaf clovers. One found by me, set her looking and lo, she found her first...




The luck is with us as the story unfolds, I have been sponsored by The Evansville Community Partnership to create a six foot windmill for their first annual "Windmills on Parade" to celebrate the Windmill Festival which raises money to fund charitable acts for our area. So, I have been busy making more of my leaves, hearts, flowers and baking them with love...




I will then paint my windmill Robin's egg blue and afix the leaves and loves to it for auction on October 4th at 2pm central time.

http://www.windmillsonparade.com/


I feel such a sweet luck because I usually am able to give away many four leaf clovers in a season because they are everywhere if you just believe, but, this season, strangely I have found none... until now. So, I can keep these two to symbolize so many things, but I can give of myself through the creation of my "Whispers on the Wind" windmill for charity.Thanks Shelley for the urn above and Heidi for my dear little piece of magical art! Life really can be the grandest, luckiest, faerytale. Remember you are the writer of your own happy ending...

10 comments:

Silke said...

You are one lucky and beautiful woman, dear friend! What a great project you'll get to work on! I love windmills and one decorated with your gorgeous creations will be out of this world!! Love, Silke

stregata said...

I can hardly wait to see your windmill! Do you know that most of my life, I thought 4 leaf clover was a fairy tale? I have never ever found a single one. I guess it takes a special kind of magic - you seem to have it!

Terri Kahrs said...

Oh, Wow! What a wonderful honor and a great idea! I can just imagine a beautiful blue windmill shimmering with these enchanted leaves, hearts and flowers making much-needed money for an awesome cause. Can't wait to see your creation! Hugs & Love, Terri xoxo

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Oh Amy, what wonderful photography to go with your text! WOW! And again, those happy colors...green evokes a sense of peace and that is probably why it is my favorite color. Thank you again for such a lovely post! Anita

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

Silke dear, I am so grateful for your lovely words and you are truly a gift to know. Thanks! Blessings.

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

Renate, I will send you one dear! They are to be cherished and given away for they symbolize to me that gorgeous balance of kindness and luck. Blessings!

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

Hi Terri! Thanks and hugs to you! Blessings.

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

Blessings dearest! I thank-you!

charmedwishes said...

how lucky you are to work with such beautiful pieces. good luck with this!

charmedwishes18.blogspot.com

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

Thanks! I loved making every leaf, heart, dragonfly and am happy with the result. See side bar:) Blessings.