Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Where bloggers create...Your diamonds are not in far distant mountains...



































































“Your diamonds are not in far distant mountains or in yonder seas; they are in your own backyard, if you but dig for them…”
~ Russell H. Conwell from a Victorian lecture titled “Acres of Diamonds”
Come… sit… fellow bloggers, readers of the narratives of life… for I have two stories to tell.
One is of world travel and the longing for wealth and it is not my own…
The other is mine, and it is of my journey through the fairytale world that is blogland…
Once upon a time… long, long, ago… in a far off land there was a farmer named, Ali Hafed who sold his farm and left his family to travel the world in search of wealth. He looked everywhere but he could not find the diamonds he lusted after. Finally, alone and in despair as a homeless pauper, he ended his own life. His search for riches had consumed him. In the meantime, the man who bought the land from Hafed was grateful for every blade of grass that was now his and lavished love and hard work on his farm. At night, surrounded by his family and eating the fruits of his labor, he was a contented man… One day he made a remarkable discovery. In the backyard that Ali Hafed had abandoned was a diamond mine---- literally an acre of diamonds.
Story told by the amazing Sarah Ban Breathnach in Simple Abundance.
I, also, have a story to tell and it is not so long ago and it happened right in my village, but, it is worth telling, just the same.
Once upon a time… there was a girl who knew light. She saw it everywhere. She knew it was precious and that she wanted to share what she saw with the world. This girl fell in love with a dear knight, who, too, was a boy in search of his own light and they vowed to spend all their days together. Because they were young and lived close to Nature and simple abundance, they were not wealthy, nor worldly, but there path sparkled sometimes even during the deepest nights. Eventually, after living in far off lands, they returned to the small village that the girl once called home and they had four glorious children who would light their path to a point of illumination so brilliant, that the girl knew that she never could stray or be lost, for she knew that all the riches in the world would never replace moments… splendid moments in time. They lived in a small two bedroom cottage surrounded by fruit trees, berries, lavender and sunrises and every morning though they had very little, they woke to diamonds on each blade of grass. Each jewel of dew was lit by the sun and would shine for them. After storms and blustery pains, the dew drops did not always appear for them, but, the boy knight realized he could give his wife something that would always bring her diamonds for her spirit, and he could see them sparkle in her eyes everytime she sat down at it. What was this magical gift from her knight? What can bring splendid moments, even when skies seemed grey? He gave her her beautiful angels and a strong, desk, handcrafted by wishes and the creative force behind all things. “You will create light here. Though it is much too big for our little cottage, there will always be room for it here, for you to shed your light on us all and we will find joy in your joy and we will learn from your love.” So, dear bloggers, time passed and the girl did create at the splendid desk and when they moved the diamonds on the grass followed and they landed on lilies and in their eyes and they saw the world in the splendor that it is. One day, a magic portal opened in the new house that they were shining up and a magical place called, Blogland was waiting with beautiful people of all types with diamonds in their eyes and love in their hearts and everyone of the sweet narrators on the wind, knew that their own yards contained acres of diamonds. These light-filled spirits share of themselves, share their riches, share their sorrows, knowing that spreading the light illuminates the world. For what is a diamond if it is not shared with those you love? I love that my path sparkles still and that I can share it with those walking along. I share it with those who come to visit and those who need a little fairytale light. You are always welcome here and this wondrous place is all the more wondrous because of your presence…
So, there is the story, simple and mine. It is a story that I share to remind that light never disappears it resides in your heart and it warms those moments full of cold or dark or even, peril and by sharing our stories, walking through the portal to Blogland, we give off a little light for those who may need it. You are all my acres of diamonds, dears, and I am grateful…
Blessings,
Amy Sperry Faldet








http://mydesertcottage.blogspot.com/


I am posting this early as an invitation so that you may join the fun! Go to mydesertcottage.blogspot.com and visit Karen!

72 comments:

Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

A true diamond in the rough.

I adore the covered green glass jar.

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

What a magical blog post Amy. I admire your vision; I feel the same way as you do. I have to say that the colors you chose to create a visual effect match the ethereal content of your writing. Merci, c'est si joli! Anita

Silke said...

Oh, Amy, what a magical post and those photos... You have such an eye for arrangements and color! It allows me to travel to a different world! Thank you - you are a true diamond!! Hugs, Silke

stregata said...

Amy, what a wonderful story! And your desk does look like a very magical place. Thank you for pouring out your light on Blogland!!

Landcharm said...

Thanks for all your nice comments.
Enjoy the summer!

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

Thanks Laura! Blessings.

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

I appreciate it Anita! Blessings and wishes.

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

Silke that gives me joy! I am so glad! Blessings.

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

I love working and playing there! Thanks so much dear!

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

You are so welcome! Have a great sunny summer!Blessings.

Beth Niquette said...

What a lovely faerytale. How beautifully written, and your pictures are so lovely. They fill my eyes.

Terri Kahrs said...

You, My Dear, are a precious gem in this wondrous Kingdom of Blogland. Your wonderful pictures made my heart sing, and your beautiful story filled my soul with joy. Thank you, sweet Amy, for sharing your light. Blessings & Hugs, Terri xoxo

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

You fill the heart! I thank-you! Blessings.

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

Terri! What joy you bring with your words and sweet thoughts!Thanks dear! Blessings.

Kdottie Designs said...

So beautiful! Thank you for sharing yourself and your story with us.

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

Your welcome dear! Blessings.

IsabellasCloset said...

Amy, What a delight post...
Truly a fairytale world for blogland!
blessings ~Mary~ :-}

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

Thank-you Mary! I loved visiting you, as well. Blessings.

a woman who is said...

What a delicious blog to find. Thanks for your visit. I look forward to coming back and getting to know more about your faery kingdom.

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

I look forward to that, too. Thanks dear. Blessings.

Rhondamum said...

Oh my goodness! That just literally brought a tear to my eye. I think that is one of the most beautiful blog posts I have ever read. Lovely to find you. I love your space and your blog and am happy to have a new favorite to visit. Thank you for your wonderful post! Rhonda...

Lynn Stevens said...

the colors in your pics are just beautiful, Lovely place to create!
Lynn-trashtotreasureart

Shabbyfufu said...

Oh my.......I am happy to have found this lovely blog of yours and must remind myself to come back for another visit soon!

Terri said...

Spring colors and so serene. What a beautiful post. Hope you are have fun with this blog party!

zandra said...

Wow, such lovely stories! So glad you joined the party so I could find you! Thanks, for sharing! Hugz, Z

The Feathered Nest said...

Oh Amy...tears have filled my eyes...what a beautiful story ~ so very wonderful and magical. We need love and beauty in our lives and so much is exchanged here in this land of blog ~ your creative space is just as magical! I'm so glad I found you!! xxoo, Dawn

Gypsy Mermaid said...

Hey chickadee!
lovely pics! love the jar!
Big mermaid hugs!
toodles-
Sarah

Debra said...

I am loving the creative collections. They seem to be going hand in hand with creative space and creative people! Maybe they are the "magic muse" ? Lovely space!

Jodie LeJeune said...

Very artistically rendered~
everything vintage

Sophee-a Laroo Bijoux and Sheri too said...

Wonderful space,wonderful story.....love it all :)

Claudia said...

I love your photos and all your beautiful things. Most of all I love your two stories. The second brought tears to my eyes. Thank you.

Karen- The Graphics Fairy said...

Hi Amy,
What a beautiful magical story! Your photography is gorgeous as well. The light within you certainly shines on all that you do and everything you create.
I enjoyed my visit here so much!
Thank you!
Karen

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

Now you have me welling up with gratitude. Thanks dear one! Blessings.

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

Lyn I thank-you dear. Blessings.

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

I am so glad! You are welcome anytime! Blessings.

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

Terri, Thanks so much for the visit and sweetnesses. Blessings.

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

I am so glad, as well! Blessings.

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

I thank-you zandra! So much!

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

Dawn, this is soo special to share with such loving souls. Thanks ever so much.Blessings.

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

Hello dear Sarah!Blessings.

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

I love it! Yes, I often feel like things come together as though on a breeze of delight. Blessings

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

I appreciate it Jodee! Blessings.

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

Thanks sooo much dear! Blessings.

Teresa said...

Wonderful color, wonderful space...so very creative!

Molly Alexander said...

Thanks for this blog post and for sharing your space, Amy. Your passion, for both art and life, is abundantly evident in your writing.

Have a great weekend!

:-) Molly

Lori said...

I love that green glass jar. I also loved the two stories. It makes one think, doesn't it? Thanks for sharing your space and telling two wonderful stories with me.

Michelle (Shell) May said...

Oh what a magical post! Truly enjoyed my visit with you!
bunny hugs,
shell

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

Thanks Teresa! Blessings.

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

Molly, that is a wonderful thing to read. Thanks so much. Blessings.

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

Dear that is so sweet and thoughtful. Blessings.

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

I am so happy you came by!Blessings.

Natasha said...

Oh, My Dearest Lady -- what a beautifully enchanting heart you have! Thank you for brightening my day with your tender spirit and beautiful photographs. What a beautifully creative space you live in! It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance at this lovely event; please do stop by for another visit soon!

Enjoy the party!

Warm Wishes,

Natasha
www.lifeafterdarkjewelry.blogspot.com

~Becca~Bluebird Rose said...

Such lovely colors!

I am having a giveaway on my blog this weekend for "Christmas in July". Stop by if you like PINK! :)
~Becca~

Miss Sandy said...

Your photos are just stunning and your creative space is inspiring indeed! Thank you so much for visiting my studio and for your kind comments.

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

Thanks dear Natasha! I am so glad a little light poured out for you. Blessings.

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

Thanks dear Becca! blessings.

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

Sandy I send you wishes and thanks. Blessings.

Kathy at Shocking Pink Thread said...

What a charming place to visit. The colors and the sentiment brought peace to my day. ~Kathy

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

I am soo happy for that Kathy! Blessings.

KV Creative Designs said...

I have to agree with some of the others, your space sure is a diamond in the rough!

Thanks for sharing with us! I hope you will stop by mine too!

Artful Blessings,
Kathryn

Zita - Mlle Magpie said...

How beautiful, dreamy and poetic!

icandy... said...

Oh my gosh, Amy!!! Your creative space is just how I imagined that it would be! It looks so very sweet and it so reflects you and your work!

Happy day!
Christina xx

M.L. @ The House of Whimsy said...

Lovely colors, lovely photos, lovely fairytale. Thanks so much for sharing this with us.

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

Katherine Thanks and joy to you. Blessings.

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

Zita I appreciate your wonderful world and words. Blessings.

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

Thanks so much Christina! Blessings.

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

I filled with joy at your visit and am glad you had a fun time. Blessings.

paperbird said...

I am always touched by your beautiful posts. Everything is always so lovely and magical. You are a wonderful and creative soul. Thank you for always inspiring me.

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

You touch my heart dear and it flys with the wind like a "paper bird." Thanks dear.

Shannon @ Silver Trappings said...

You have some very pretty items in your studio. Pretty colors. I love that green "hobnail" jar.

Shannon

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

Thanks dear. Surround yourself with beauty and smiles abound. Thanks for adding to the beauty with your kind words. Blessings.

debi @ life in my studio said...

Amy, Your story is sweet and beautiful. tfs
Your studio photos are so pretty and inspiring, and I love the wonderful windows in the room.