Thursday, July 16, 2009

A Faerytale Quest is the opening of possibility...











A faerytale quest is a reminder to reach into a velvet pocket and pull out your strength, your kindness and your belief in all that is good in the world...




Reading The Tale of Despereaux right now with the kids it is so evident how strong and full of light and grace we all can be.




"The world is dark, and light is precious. Come closer, dear reader. You must trust me. I am telling you a story....




"There, said Hovis, when the piece of thread broke and dropped to the ground. Now you're free. You see, you're not going into the dungeon because you have to. You're going because you choose to.




Yes, said Despereaux, because I am on a quest. The word felt good and right in his mouth.




Quest.




Say it reader. Say the word 'quest' out loud. It is an extraordinary word isn't it? So small and yet so full of wonder, so full of hope." pg. 221




The act of dropping back into life, in itself, is an act of bravery for some and I celebrate those who have fallen, almost broken, and still shed light to the world.




8 comments:

Silke said...

Sweet Amy, I so love your words, your photos and your art! I have missed visiting your blog daily while we were gone - you allow me to explore a different world... I so appreciate you! Hugs, Silke

stregata said...

How lovely, Amy! I will have to see whether this book is available over here. But really, we are all on a quest...
Wishing you a day full of faeries and light!

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

That is lovely, so lovely. Glad to have you visit dear! Blessings.

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

I hope so Renate! It is short and sweet and sooo full of messages about being who you are and shining despite others refusal to see your gifts and light. Blessings.

Gigi said...

What a beautiful post. Despereaux is one of my favorite books, full of wonderful and affirming lessons for children and adults alike!

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

I agree, it is a treasure to read and sweet beyond compare. Blessings and thanks Gigi!

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

AMEN! What wonder...OH I WANT TO SINK INTO THE WORLD OF WONDER, but right now, thesis, thesis, thesis! I have completed two chapters, now I have one to go. Not bad for only doing it in about two weeks. My adviser is pleased with my progress! Keep 'em coming Amy, I am all ears and eyes! Anita

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

I know brilliance will shine from your plume dear. Blessings.